I'm Back, Baby! - Gabriel x Reader

Part three to the "Gabriel" imagine. It's the last part, so I hope you enjoy how it ends.

Poem used: Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye

"Good morning everyone!"

You sit up in bed, rubbing at your face. It's been about two years since the death of Gabriel. You'd finally gotten control of your nightmares and they slowly disappeared. As long as you didn't think about him, you usually slept okay. But not thinking of him was hard when everything reminded you of him. A child begging his mom for candy. Some random guy pulling pranks on passing strangers. Overheard cheesy jokes. You didn't eat candy anymore. You didn't eat pie. Or cake, or ice cream, or anything remotely sugary. You stuck to things like salad. At first Sam was happy. You were finally eating something healthy instead of diabetes in the form of a double-bacon cheeseburger. But soon, your face became gaunt. You lost tons of weight and the brothers became worried. They started making you eat more. But you still maintained an extremely light weight, lighter than any adult human being should weigh.

You tried to distance your thoughts of Gabriel as much as possible. But every night, despite the fact that he was gone, you would pray to him. Tell cheesy jokes. Talk about your day. And ask him to come back. It almost always ended in quiet tears.

"It's time for our poem of the day! This one is a real tearjerker, so be careful.

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep
By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on the snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft star shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry:
I am not there; I did not die

Tears sting at your eyes as you stare at your radio alarm clock. You can almost hear his voice. Actually, the guy on the radio actually sounds exactly like him. The tears threaten to fall.

"That was our poem of the day. On a brighter note, here's a special song for a very special someone out there. You know who you are sweetheart!"

I never meant to be so bad to you
One thing I said that I would never do
One look from you and I would fall from grace
And that would wipe the smile right from my face

As the song filters through the radio, your face crumples.

Heat of the moment
Telling you what my heart meant
Heat of the moment
Shone in your eyes

A sob rips out of your throat and you smash your hands over your ears, trying to drown out the song.

"Turn it off! Turn it off!"

The door slams open.

"(Y/n)?"

Sam is, of course, the first one to notice the song blaring out of the radio speakers. He rushes over to the radio, repeatedly pressing the off button. Dean crouches down next to you, reaching out to touch your arm. You slap his hand away but he still sits with you, trying to comfort.

"Stop!"

Sam unplugs the radio and it finally stops.

You pull your hands away from your ears, still crying but starting to calm down. But that's when the music starts back up again, even louder.