The Smirking Jerk (2)

Start from the beginning

The second I stepped through the door I felt like a lot of eyes were staring at one particular spot, so I followed the gazes and I gasped at what I saw.

Right there, sitting all alone was Lexi, looking like... oh my god there was no way to describe how hot she looked in that red dress that just made all of her god-given attributes gut wrenching.. Seriously, it was that kind of hot that made you go hard just by looking.

Though there was something off with her eyes. I could see it. That was something I had noticed lately, well, the last two months, she always looked sad. But not the "I watched The Notebook" kind of sad, no, the "someone's dead" kind of sad.

But then I was mad again. Mad because she never cared for me, because of the words she had say, and because right now she was at a restaurant, looking like too beautiful for words probably waiting for Alex or some boyfriend of hers and all I wanted was to punch that fucker!

Without even thinking about it my legs made their way to her table and I couldn't control the whistle that escaped my lips.

You wanna see what a no-good-to-love stinking dick really acts like? I scowled mentally.

"Well, well if it isn't Miss Library looking all sexed-up." I told her when she raised her head to look at me.

She looked pissed to see me.

Ha ha!

"Well, well if it isn't Mister I-Do-It-In-Public-Place looking cocky as usual" she answered dryly.

I was expecting something like that, because she didn't care about me, didn't care if she hurt me, or sadden me, didn't see that most of the time I didn't even look cocky. I just looked desperate.

"So who's the lucky bastard who'll have the honour of stripping you out of this lovely dress," and tried to not look desperate while saying that. It was easy though, just looking at her dressed up like that was very distracting. It kind of made my mind wander... a lot.

"Would you just leave, we can always continue this oh so entertaining little chat... well never," she answered and looked around like she was trying to find someone.

"How about you come with me and we continue it in the bathroom," I told her smirking. I hadn't meant to say that but it had been just to easy to reply with that. And I was trying to distract her from whichever bastard she was looking for.

She snorted. "What makes you think your wash-up pick up line will work with me Drake?"

Usually I would have come up with something witty but my mind went blank for a few seconds. That was like a huge blow... had she just called me Drake? What the fuck?

"My name's Blake" I told her very slowly, frowning.

Maybe she just called me that to annoy me. She couldn't not know my name, could she?

"Yeah right," she snorted.

Wow. She so didn't notice me that she didn't even know my name. You're pathetic Blake... The only thing about you that she knows is that you deserve to be threaten like an ass... Again, WOW.

"I think I know my name," I told her, trying not to grit my teeth together.

"Well that sure shows how much I don't give a shit about you, now if you could just leave, I would be really grateful," she ranted with a made-up smile.