Chapter: 46

I slowly opened my eyes and felt a heavy weight on my chest, as I heard a familiar voice in the distance. It sounded like Leeteuk was talking close by, but I didn't hear anyone else. I turned my head right to look outside only to see that it was dark. I tried to sit up and look down at the city, but I was stopped by a pain coming from the left side of my torso.

"Minae?" I was called and looked up to see Leeteuk in the door way of the large room.

I smiled, "Hi."

He ran over and hugged me the best he could, "I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Who were you talking to?" I questioned, "Was I out for long?"

Leeteuk let go and wiped away tears in his eyes, "I was on the phone with Yesung, and this is the 4th day you have been out."

"4th day?!" my jaw dropped, "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

I shook my head, "I only remember Donghae telling me to sleep because I looked tired."

"Ah! Hang on. Let me get the doctor then we can talk," Leeteuk jumped and hurried out of the room before continuing the conversation.

I watched him leave then turned my attention to the equipment next to me that was beeping. On my left hand, I had a clip on my finger that took my pulse and a thing going into the back of my hand for medicine and water. I was dressed in hospital clothes that were too comfortable to be hospital clothes. The soft pajama looking shirt and bottoms along with a thick blanket kept me warm and reminded me of my own bed.

The room was something out of a K-drama and looked like one that you would see the rich male lead in if he got hurt. I didn't mind having this room since I looked nice, and I was comfortable. It looks like someone has been sleeping next to my bed because there was a pillow and folded blanket on a foldable bed. There were dozens of gifts piled up on a couch next to the door as well with a few stuffed animals and one large teddy bear holding a heart.

 There were dozens of gifts piled up on a couch next to the door as well with a few stuffed animals and one large teddy bear holding a heart

Leeteuk walked back into the room followed by a doctor who greeted me, "You are awake. That's good to see. My name is Dr. Kang."

I greeted the doctor back, "Hello."

He walked over to my bed side, "Let's sit you up first so we can talk.

The doctor lifted the two pillows behind me and helped me to sit up in bed. It was better than leaning on my elbows.

"Okay, so do you remember what happened the 22nd of last week?" he questioned me as he took the clip off my finger and took off part of the IV, so I wasn't getting any more fluids.

I shook my head.

"You and Mr. Lee were in a car accident that was caused by a truck driving towards the passenger side of the car. Luckily, it hit the back of the car instead of directly on the door, and the truck wasn't going fast. If anything was different, you two would both be extremely hurt. You have been out for about four days now just because of the minor surgery you went through and exhaustion."