Chapter 28: Personal problems

· Hana's POV

I knew the call would come.

"H-hello?", I said while I put my glass of water down on the countertop.

"Oh, my love. Hana-ya, I need you today. Dress up sexily for a party. I need you to play with a rich kid. We need some info about his father's company", the same husky, dirty voice from the other time said.

"We'll pick you up nine o'clock. You've got an hour. Understood, sweetie?".

The creepy, little laugh he had after that made me shiver. What did I get myself into?...

"Mhm", I stuttered out, and the damn laughter came from the phone again.

"Well, then"

The call ended, and I fell on the floor. I think I might have had a slight anxiety attack. I was breathing so heavily, as if I just had run a marathon. I had held my breath the whole phone call.

I grabbed the glass of water, and poured it over myself.

"Wake up, Hana", I said while hitting myself, and felt the water running down from my head, and all the way down my back.

I just had to do it. I didn't really have any choice. What they did to InSoo was scary enough. Hooking with some random, drunk rich boy would be nothing, right? I was free too. Jung-whatever and I were done for sure.

"Noona (older sister), are you digging a well to get me a glass of water?", InSoo slightly screamed from my room.

I pushed my wet hair back, so it just looked fat, and got him the damn glass of water. Why did it have to be so hard for me now? In this part of live?

"InSoo-ya. I need you to go to the living room. I'm getting dressed to go out", I said and tried to help him up. I could feel his eyes burning holes in me.

"What do you mean by going out? We're having a really hard time now, and you want to go out for a drink or two?!".

He pushed my hand away and almost fell backwards, but barely stabilized himself in the one foot that didn't hurt.

I tried to grab his arm again. Without talking or anything at first, I just hoped he would let it go.

"No, I'm not moving. It's hard enough when you go to school. I've been so scared this days. Scared of them grabbing you on your way home, or barge in here", he kept on talking. I could see how he was speaking the truth just by looking him in the eyes.

His eyes were slightly dull, and twitching when he got mad. They were red, as if he used all his strength to get those words come out of his mouth.

"It all better now. I've found a solution and they won't bother us anymore"

That stubborn boy finally moved his feet forward.

"What do you mean?"

"There is a way. Trust me"

************

The driver looked up and down, checking me out.

"Why are you only wearing black? It's not a funeral", he spat. "Since it's short, it's good enough".

His voice was not the same as the one on the phone, but it was still disgusting. Slimy and dirty. He was maybe in his late 30's. Tan and little. Little but strong. I could see he had been pumping by looking at the arms of his suit.

As we drove, he gave me a picture.

"It's that boy. The heir off the ChaCha company. Cha Eun Woo"