52- It will be okay

Start from the beginning

"Is that so?" Shadow said nothing more as he turned his back on me, stalking out of the room as darkly as his name suggests.

I shook my head, deciding it best to simply not question the motives of my daughter adversary as I looked back down at her. She'd only been sleeping for a few hours, yet she was already stirring. I gave orders for Emma to be fed when she woke but otherwise left alone, with the only exception on the Audino looking after her. After all, it would only take a week or two for the Audino to heal Emma and once she had, I'd put my plan into motion, then nothing can stop me from creating my perfect universe.

~*🌸*~
~Emma's pov~

I could never be sure how much time had passed, my dead X-transceiver provided no help on the matter but what I could be sure of is that it wouldn't be long until I had to enact Team Rifts plans. Is been returned to my own cell yesterday but I hadn't slept since returning. My ribs were almost completely better, with only a few more sessions with Serenity before they would be as good as new - in her words not my own.

Although I had been promised that there was no way for Cyrus to get back into my cell, I was still far to anxious to sleep. When I was still in the medical wing, I had Serenity with me constantly but there was only so long she could draw out my stay there before Kathrine put an end to her act and put me back here.

I was boardly playing a game of solitaire with the cards given to me on day one of my time here, stifling my yawns of covering them with small coughs. While I hadn't seen Kathrine since the day after Cyrus broke into my cell and broke my ribs, I had a feeling that if I refused sleep for too long, she would step in and do something about it. I was hoping I'd be able to bargain with her to let Silver or Red be with me while I slept, since I felt much more comfortable in their company.

My aura alarmed me of approaching enemies, I sighed, watching the door with a calm exterior. Kathrine opened the door, saying nothing but giving my game a questioning look. She's seriously judging my game of all things?

"I'm bored." I replied with a shrug, going back to my card game and completing another set.

Kathrine still didn't say anything to me, instead pushed Serenity into the room. "You know what to do," she practically growled at the young Audino before looking at me again "when you two are done, Lopez will escort you to the departure bay so you can say goodbye to Silver and Red before they are released."

"Today?" I questioned stiffly, resisting the urge to look at the vent as Serenity prompted me to my feet. "Where are you taking them?"

With a sly smirk, Kathrine turned her back to me. "That Emma is not something that you should be concerned about."

I frowned but didn't further question it as Serenity sat me on my bed and Kathrine left us alone.

The Audino gently felt the sides of my ribcage, making sure to take it easy on the places she knew were still broken or frail. ~How are your ribs today Emma, any pain?~

"Only a little." I replied, lying down on my back carefully with my arms behind my head. "You've helped out a lot."

~Oh it's nothing...~ Serenity replied with a blush. ~It's all I'm useful for anyway...~

Closing my eyes, I let Serenity do her job. Her Heal Pulse went to work mending my injuries which at this point was only my injured ribs, which even though she couldn't heal them all at once, she had sped the healing by weeks. "I'm going to do it tonight." I whispered, my voice hardly their but I knew the Healer Pokémon's sensitive ears had picked up voice. "I don't know what to do..." I said louder, putting an act on for the camera.