23- rainy night camping

It had been only five minutes after Night and I started walking and that's all it took for a heavy rain to set in. I only had whatever possessions were in my Pokèbelt, everything else was with Red and Silver, including my spares clothes. Which means that I'm stuck in my soaking attire until they find me.

I hugged myself tighter, leaning against Rio's damp mane. Night had gone off to scout the surroundings and try to find somewhere drier for me to stay other then the big tree we'd found just beyond the tree line. I didn't feel safe staying the the actual city which was just beyond my line of sight. The weather wasn't helping with the mood or my nerves. I was scared of how close we still might be to where ever I'd spent the past few days since Night still hasn't given me a direct answer to how far away we were and the thought of going back terrified me.

The familiar sandpaper like feeling of Rioyaru's tongue against my cheek snapped me from my daze. She licked my cheek a few times more, until she was sure she had my attention. ~Your X-transceiver has been ringing for like five minutes.~

I shook my head, droplets of water flicked out of my hair, most of which landed on Rio. I pressed the answer button on the device strapped to my wrist, not before identifying the caller as Red through his ID he'd set himself. "Hello 'Emma's hot boyfriend'." I snorted using the contact he'd given himself.

"Hello Red's hot girlfriend." He smirked back.

"Oi! I'm right here you two."

"Where are you guys?" My lips pulled into a tight frown. "Shouldn't you of been here by now?"

"About that... The only flying types Silver and I have between us is Charizard and Honchkrow. It's raining here, and there by the looks of it and it isn't safe for my Charizard to fly in the rain so it looks like we're grounded here until this rain stops."

I let out a groan. "Really?"

Red nodded. "Sorry Em. Melody left about an hour ago to find you herself because she was worried about you, she shouldn't be to much longer."

"Okay." I replied quietly.

Red saw that I was obviously upset by being on my own any longer and offered a small smile. "It's going to be alright, this should clear up by tomorrow and then we'll be on our way. Okay?" He said, trying to reassure me.

I nodded and let out a small sigh. "I'm just scared..." I whispered, hanging my head in slight shame of being so weak.

"I promise we won't be much longer. Just hang in there... And get out of the rain."

"Okay." I replied quietly. "I'll talk to you later then."

Red smiled and nodded. "I'll check on you a little later, make sure you're doing alright. Okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." I said hanging up before falling back against Rio, running my fingers through her mane.

"Where's Night gone?" I mumbled, wrapping my arms around Rio's neck, taking advantage of her internal body heat as a fire type.

"Right here." Night snorted coming into sight, shaking her fur free of water, also showering Rio and I with water.

"Did you find somewhere dry to stay?" I sighed, hugging myself tighter.

Night nodded. "Corse I did. Let's go." She chirped, skipping back the way she'd come.

I sighed and dragged myself onto Rio's back,  it being bothered to walk myself as the last of whatever Team Prosperity had injected into my system was still wearing off.

My Legendary Pokémon waited until I was on comfortably before she bounded after Night. ~You okay Em?~

"I'm fine." I mumbled. "I just wish Red and Silver were here. I don't know what to do."