21- not a second time

The second wave of pain snapped me from my nightmares at what would have been just after midnight. I awoke screaming from the uncontrollable fire that seemed to have ignited in my chest. I cringed at the feeling of fire spreading through my body. I screamed out in pain, digging my nails into the flesh of my palms. I could feel new feeling occurred this time, along with the pain, the familiar feeling I got whenever I used my powers of the Voice of Purity pulsed through my body. But it felt...  stronger, darker even compared to when I used them but the feeling was still there and unmistakeable. I tried to focus on that feeling, rather then the pain but felt no refuge there.

I whimpered, squirming from the pain. I was completely helpless, unable to do anything to stop it. I couldn't fight back, I couldn't run, I couldn't hide. I was completely venerable to it. Tears fell freely from my eyes, as small, weakened sobs escaped my mouth, beads of sweat dripped down my brow while a small amount of blood formed under my nails when they eventually pierced the flesh. All I can do is wait until it stops, if it stops. I had no idea if it would stop this time or if it would continue getting worse.

I heard someone enter the room but I didn't have the strength to look at who it was. The door to my cage was opened as another wave of pain burst in my chest. I cried out and cringed again. Someone grabbed onto my arm but I pulled it back and clutched it to my chest in fear.

"Relax, I'm trying to help you." A voiced hissed.

They grabbed my wrist again but I reluctantly let them. I whimpered again as the new waves of pain spread over my body. A needle was carefully stuck into my arm and whatever was it, injected into my arm. Slowly, the pain in my arm was soothed. The soothing effect spread throughout my body, soothing the pain and power that had left me weakened. When the pain died down enough, I looked up see Shadow in the doorway to my cage. I couldn't make out his expression but it seemed to be, somewhat concerned. I said somewhat.

I gave him a confused look. Why would he help me?

"Better?" He asked in. Voice that sounded as if he was trying to to care.

I nodded weakly, hugging myself tightly.

Shadow nodded, sliding a tray of food into the corner of the cage before closing the door and locking it. He went to leave without another word.

I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath in, swallowing down my pride. "Hey... Umm Shadow..." I called slightly, digging my nails into my palms as he turned to face me, looking slightly confused. "Thank you." I said, just loud enough for him to hear.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly not expecting me to actually thank him. "You're welcome my dear." He said, leaving the room. 

I closed my eyes, using my sleeve to wipe away the sweat and tears from my face. My stomach growled, announcing that I was hungry which only half surprised me. I pushed myself up, wincing as the lingering pain in my body as well as my overall exhaustion disagreed with the movement. I crawled over to the tray Shadow had left behind. Not even caring what I was eating, I shovelled the bland food into mouth and drained the contents of the water bottle. My eyes landed in a small box in the corner of the tray, smaller then my closed fist. I furrowed my brow and picked it up.

I pulled the lid off to see a Pokèball inside, Guardian's Pokèball, as well as a small note with a single sentence.

This is the last chance you're getting my dear.

I couldn't help but smile, ever so slightly. I slipped Guardian's Pokèball into my pocket, letting my hand linger on the familiar surface before I crawled to where my blanket lay where I last left it. Wrapping it around me, I curled up into a ball, waiting for the last of the pain to fade away, eventually my exhaustion took over the pain and I slipped into a dreamless sleep.