Chapter 13

I woke up sweaty and extremely uncomfortable, and fifteen minutes before my alarm that I didn't set was supposed to go off for school. I grabbed my clothes and went in the shower, quickly scrubbing myself and getting dressed. I didn't even feel alone in my own shower. My invasion of privacy has altered my overall being at all times.

I put on my daily makeup and grabbed my bag. I stumbled down the stairs and walked right into my kitchen only to meet face to face with Nash. My mom was at the stove making waffles in the waffle machine.

I looked at Nash confused and he smiled. 

"Oh, goodmorning honey!" My mom spoke, placing some waffles on two plates. "Your friend Nash said that he offered to take you to school today, and I told him he could stay for breakfast." She smiled and handed me the plates. 

I looked at her funny. "Alright." I walked over to the table. Nick wasn't even downstairs yet. School started in forty-five minutes, I'm usually down here fifteen minutes before I have to go so this must be a new record. 

"Hey." Nash gleamed. 

"Hi." 

"How'd you sleep?" He asked as he poured syrup over his plate. 

"I slept fine." I said as I chewed on a bite of fluffy waffle. "You?"

"Didn't sleep a wink." I tilted my head to look at him. "I was too worried about a certain someone."

My fork scraped against the plate as I cut my breakfast. "You don't have to worry about me." 

My mom left the room so we could speak a little louder. 

"Of course I have to worry about you, Teal." I shook my head and he looked deeper into my facial features. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?" I snapped. I didn't realize that I had such an attitude until those words escaped my mouth. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm just.. scared. Okay?"

Nash reached over for my hand and set it on the table, his on top of mine. "Your 'boytoy' will protect you." He winked and continued eating his food.

Nash drove me to school in the stolen vehicle again and we got there about ten minutes before homeroom began. Today it seemed that everyone was looking at us. More specifically me. But it's probably because I'm so on edge today that something might happen. 

I don't have any classes with any of the other girls, so I won't be able to check up on them. I trust that the guys will do anything in their power to keep them safe.

Mrs. Wilby stood in the front of the classroom and I couldn't help but wonder how the mysterious stranger who texted me knew her. Did they go to my school? Maybe she was related to them. I really was clueless. 

Class went on and we took notes on a Powerpoint up on the board. I tried to listen to what Mrs. Wilby was saying, but everything just flew in one ear and out the other. I smiled when I noticed Nash briefly shutting his eyes and quickly jerking every few minutes when he realized that he had drifted off. He didn't seem too nervous, but after all, he was used to this happening all the time. 

Class ended and we went on to second period, then third, then all the way to the last period of the day, eighth. I sat in my seat, finally relieved. Nash seemed to have the most boring day of his life. My history teacher, Mr. Dawson, started preaching about ancient Asia and the class slumped in their seats, scribbling a few words here and there. 

I looked over at Nash and he made a crosseyed look to me and made me laugh quietly. I copied his face and we just messed around while Mr. Dawson taught.