Chapter 2

Nicole, followed by Kelly and Carmina, walked out from around the corner. 

"How many of you are there?" Jack stormed. "This can't be happening." He grabbed at the hairs on his head with both of his hands. 

"This isn't exactly how I expected it to be when I met you guys." Kelly spoke up as she walked over to us, her social side always speaking before she thought.

"I didn't think we'd be meeting you at all." Matt grumbled. Kelly raised her eyebrows and Matt smirked slyly.

"Well," I spoke up. "All I know is that Cameron is with our friend right now." I looked up at Jack, the noticibly awkward height difference was not inciting. "And we're not going until we have her back with us."

Jack leaned against the brick wall with one arm and lifted his head slightly to me. "We're going to need you guys to come inside."

My eyes widened and so did the other girls'. 

"Gilinsky, I thought we were leaving, the guys are getting ready to go." Matt spoke.

"Yeah, well things change." He opened the door and didn't hold it for Matt walking close behind him.

We stood there in awe and Nash stood at the door, holding it. "Are you guys coming, or?"

I snapped out of my shock and walked through the door. "Thanks." I mumbled. My arm grazed Nash's shirt as I stepped through the door and chills were sent down my spine.

Inside, was every member of Magcon. Bodyguards were assessed around the room randomly and the actual boys were seated in a circular couch in the middle.

"What are they?" Taylor spat, flicking his finger towards us.

I looked at him disgusted. Are they all this rude? 

Carter ran over to us and smiled. "I'm sorry for them, rough night." His eyes glanced to all of ours and held a few seconds more at Carmina's stare. He looked at his feet and then turned back to the boys. "Come take a seat." 

As we walked to the couches, I looked over at Shawn who was shooting me a stare, I'm not sure what kind of stare, but it was intent. To drag my attention away, I watched as Nicole fought the urge to sit next to Aaron. Carmina tried to get the seat closest to Taylor as possible, but Taylor stood up and walked away, scoffing. What a jerk, I thought.

Carmina looked down at the ground and Carter walked over and sat next to her. 

I sat down on a spot on the couch next to Kelly. She was trying not to look up at Matt, but it was just too hard for her. All of these awkward love triangles were taking place and I just wanted to get Kaitlyn and go home. 

Nash stood in the entrance of the circular seating area. "Well, it seems that we will be sharing the same hotel." 

Kaitlyn must have told Cameron and Cameron must've delivered the message. "Are they back at the hotel?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Alright," I looked up and walked towards Nash. "Let's go then."

He pressed his hands to my shoulders. "Sit."

I licked my lips and sat down next to where he was standing. Jack Gilinsky walked over to Nash's place and Nash stood behind the couch, directly behind me. Aaron Carpenter walked over and plopped himself next to Nicole. His arm slid around her and he smirked at her then focused up on Jack G. Nicole had never looked so pale and breathless in her life.

"You heard too much." Jack recalled his words from outside.

"We heard whatever you wanted us to hear." Kelly put in. 

"Oh no, no." Jack laughed dryly. "You heard what you heard." We all kept our eyes on him and I could see gears struggling to move in his head. "I'm not sure what I'm going to do with you four yet, but as of right now you're moving along to the hotel with us and keeping your mouths shut. Am I clear?" 

We all nodded and met eyes nervously. 

"Did you drive here?" Nash asked me, his voice protruding from behind my head. I turned my shoulders so the upper half of my body faced him and nodded. "Where'd you park?"

"Front parking lot, not too far from the main entrance."

"Let's go." Nash said, stepping away from the couch.

"Wait," I stood up. "Are you coming with me?" 

He nodded. "We're escorting you all back."

Jack G. walked towards the back door. "You three are coming with me, come on." Nicole, Kelly, and Carmina looked up at me slightly frightened, but they picked up their pace as they strode out of the door.

Nash walked around to the door leading into a hallway that lead to the big arena part of the building. We had to walk to the main entrance together. 

Nash and I.

I caught Shawn's eyes as I walked towards the outer edge of the room.

Nash held the door for me and put his hand on my upper back as I walked past him. The touch made my skin immediately warm and I hoped he couldn't feel it as bad as I had.

His hand left my back and we walked down the empty white hallways. 

"I'm so confused." I spoke up.

He looked straight forward. "Good." 

"No," I looked up at him. "I want to know what's going on." 

"Well that sucks." 

I crinkled my eyebrows at him and he twitched his own. I stopped walking, we were almost to the main entrance. He stopped and looked back at me. "Come on." 

I folded my arms. "Not until you fill me in." 

He scoffed. "I'm not telling you anything." 

"And why not?" I protested.

"Not my job." He stated flatly. 

"Then what is your job?" 

He clenched his jaw and set his eyes dark on mine. "Your tone is really pissing me off."

I let out a brief laugh. "The feeling is mutual." He wasn't used to be stood up to like this. His reactions proved it.

He walked slowly over to me. "I don't know who you think you are." He started, stepping closer and closer to me. "But you need to learn your place." He leaned his head down close to mine so that his hot breath was bouncing off of my nose. "Before someone gets hurt."

My breathing hitched in my throat and I nodded quickly. Nash turned back around and walked. 

I followed.