{15}

Sorry for the lack of updating. I have been reading quite a bit and busy with babysitting so I'm taking this time as my sister sits and watches her favorite shows to update as much as I can. Hope you enjoy!
-----------
Katy POV

Making dinner is probably one of the only times I can think. Not to deep in my thoughts as I still remember how good and sneaky my children are at crawling into your mind and snatching a private moment alone. Those thoughts are reserved for when the twins are in school, and thanks to my anxiety in losing track on what my kids know, when Daemon takes Kai out with him. As a mother of origins, those moments are never easy to get and a bliss when they come.

"Adam, Honey, go get your sister down here. Dinner is ready." I tell him.

"Yes, Mom."I smile at the playful exasperation in his tone. He puts down the crayon he was using and speeds up causing the papers on the table to fly. I roll my eyes and send a look to Daemon.

Hands flying up, and a grin on his face he tries to defend himself. "What did I do?"

"We would not be able to do that speed thing," I add arm gestures toward the chair, "if it were not for you" I say.

"Don't lie, Kitten, you love that speed thing" he grins and adds a wink. This man sometimes.

"Mom? I can't find her. Are you sure she was up stairs?" Adam asks as he walks back into the kitchen with a confused expression.

"She's not? Are you sure?" I said as I moved to the bottom of the steps. "LUX! ARE YOU UP THERE?"

"I already looked everywhere." Adam claims.

My hands swear from a nervousness that could be unnecessary. This is so unlike her. Where could she have gone?

I walk back into the kitchen thinking of all the possibilities in the house she could have gone. I look up to find Daemon come back from looking outside. "I didn't see her walk outside. And she isn't out there. Was she not upstairs either?"

I shake my head and sit at one of the bar stools at the island. Where is she?

Lux POV

I keep looking behind me, even with it being unnecessary because of my parents were really coming for me I could just hear their thoughts behind me.

Head down, hands on straps, I walk the third street away from my house. They're never going to come after me. And that is fine. I can deal with that. What am I going to do if Ashley isn't home though? I'll just sit in their porch swing. I doubt they would mind.

I look up the same time as the music comes into hearing distance. An ice cream truck comes up a hill and turns onto the street I'm turning on and parks a few feet of turning.

I could do for some ice cream. But I don't have any money. Maybe they will make an exception. I can be very persuasive.

I cross the road to get to the truck as the window thing opens. A man with a dark blue apron with an ice cream cone in it appears into view. He has a buzzed cut and has a slight beard. I don't really feel comfortable seeing him, but I want some ice cream so... I just won't get too close.

I walk up to the truck and look at the sign in the side listing all the ice creams. I spot rocky road and my mouse waters a bit. Rocky road on a waffle cone. Yummy.

I look at the man who was looking at me as I was thinking of what I want. His clear, pale, almost lifeless blue eyes give me a bad feeling in my tummy but I know he is not an Arum. I've never really seen one, but I've sensed one in a Wally-mart. I was to distracted by the candy to really care to see who.

"Can I help you, Miss?" The man asks politely.

I nod and say what I want. "Rocky road ice cream on a waffle cone please" I say in a sweet but confidence-filled voice.

"Ok that is $1.76." He says.

"Sorry, Mister, but I don't have any money." I say, "I just was in my way to my cousin's house 'cuz my mommy and daddy don't want me anymore and I didn't think about money." I say.

"Ahh well, you need to pay for it somehow. How bout this. You help me for a bit, just for 5 minutes and I will let you have that rocky road on a waffle cone. How does that sound." He says.

I know I shouldn't but I reeeeealy want that ice cream. And it would the so cool to tell Ashley later. And he did only say 5 minutes. Why not?

"Sure. I can help you out. Just for 5 minutes though. Then I have to get going" I say.

"Perfect. Come on in" he says and opens the back door. I step in and immediately regret my stupid decision.
-----------
Again, sorry for the long wait but I haven't really gotten into the feel of writing in a bit and I've had stuff come up but I hope this makes up for it. I also know she probably would not really go in but I needed to spice things up away from my original plan. So here ya have it.

----comment, vote, and follow----

----major_bookaholic-----