Chapter 12: "On fire"

Lloyd's POV

Another chariot entering through the castle's gate.

It's the day everyone in the kingdom has been waiting for, Princess Skylor's birthday.
Well, at least I have been waiting for this day.
Big ceremonies means a very busy Sir Clouse.

The princess is turning eighteen, finally!

That would really help us so much in our plan.
But we still need..

(Haha not telling ya :P.)

--

Kai's POV

"And that's basically how it's done." I said to the princess, as I pulled out the water the sword I was demonstrating how to forge.

I threw the sword spinning in the air and caught it with the other hand, then decided to stop bragging and took it to the storing room.

I got out, and when I looked at Skylor, I saw something I never wished to see.

That prince again.

He held her hand in his, and bowed his head, and kissed it. "Happy Birthday, Valentine."

I watched as the man in the white suit wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. "Come with me, I have something for you."

Skylor was being pulled away by this jerk. She looked at me, then turned her head around again.

I felt the fire running through my veins, and I hit a fist to the wall next to me.

When I turned around, I saw Nya standing at the other stand, a smug look on her face.

My cheeks suddenly turned so hot, and I could tell they were a clearly visible red too.

I looked away and tried not acting stupid, but apparently that didn't work since I accidentally shoved a hammer, making it fall, and hit the ground, causing a loud matallic noise.

Dang it..

I could hear Nya laugh under her breath behind me. "Let's just pretend I saw nothing and get back to work, 'kay?"
"Uh, s-sure."

A few hours later..

3rd person POV

Everything was silent in the castle.

The ceremony was being held inside the castle, so most of the servants were busy.

In the small smithy, the two siblings were working as usual.

All of a suddenly, shouts and screams were heard nearby.
Kai let what he had in his hands when he saw what was happening.

Numerous serpentine beings were already running inside the castle's territory, while the guards at the gates where desperately trying to stop the rest from penetrating inside.

"Oh my God." The blue eyed blacksmith gasped.

More guards came from the castle with their weapons.
A few servants soon joined the fight too.

Kai ran to the old sword burned that has always been there and picked it. "Nya, stay safe. Gotta kick some snakes' butts." He smirked to himself as he ran out the shop and stabbed a blue legged serpentine.
He turned to his right, repelling a constrictai's sword, then attacking by his turn.

Soon enough, the castle grounds were filled with figures fighting, weapons, blood, and figures fighting.

The young smith was tired, he's already took down multiple snakes.