Chapter 7: "Trust"

I know the story is still terribly lame but I promise it'll get better, kay?
-------
The king and the minister are not in the capital for some time.
Which means everyone in the castle don't have to work that hard, especially slaves and servants.

Kai got out of their workshop to where the court with the barn and the stable was.

The blacksmith walked towards Lloyd, who sitting on a block of hay, starring at the sky.

Lloyd noticed him coming and spoke.
"The sky is beautiful today, isn't it?"

Kai looked at the blue atmosphere clear of clouds.

"Yeah."

The blond patted on an empty spot next to him, so Kai went and sat where he motioned for him to.

"Let me guess, you don't have any work for today."

"The minister is out for some meetings stuff so yeah."

The spiky-haired boy looked in the distance to see two persons running after one another.

Is that..?

We could easily tell these are Jay and Nya.

"Grrr, Nya.." He growled under his breath.

Her brother was about to go get her when he felt someone pulling him from his shirt's sleeve.

"Lloyd? Let me go!"

"I wanna talk to you."

"Not now dude."

"Just listen to me first."

Kai looked at the two figures in the distance.

"He won't hurt her, trust me." Lloyd assured him.

Kai sighed, then sat back next to Lloyd. He knew what his blue-eyed friend wanted.

"Is that what you wanna talk about?"

"Jay is my friend, and your actions towards him have been really bothering me."

"So?"

"Why do you hate him?"

"I just do." Kai simply stated.

"Well why don't you hate me?"

"Why would I hate you?"

"And why would you hate him?" Me and Jay are in the same conditions, slaves at king's castle, but you really hate him and just treat me like your friend."

Kai opened his mouth, but right before he was about to answer, Lloyd continued talking. "You hate him because you think he'll hurt Nya."

Kai stayed quiet.

"You need to know that Jay might even protect her more than you would do."

The young smith's eyes became filled with rage as he spoke in an unusual low-tuned voice.

"No one can ever protect Nya as much as I would. I swore to protect her with my life, Lloyd. I'm not gonna let anyone harm a hair on her head."

Then they both heared a familiar voice coming from next to Kai. "Dude, you should never swear. It's a sign of weak verbal skills."

Kai was surprised when he saw the rather short brunet standing next to him.

"Gahh, when did you..? N-never mind."

Lloyd laughed, as Nya chuckled on that scene.

"Kai, that was so sweet. But I told you before that I can handle myself."

"You've been overhearing us?!"

"We just saw you and decided we should come say hi!" Jay grinned.

Kai kept staring at Jay for a long time, who realised that, letting a confused look replace his exited one, as he looked down to the ground in shame.

You could tell one side of him really feared this guy.

They all stayed quiet, until some voice interrupted this silence.

"Hey Lloyd!"

The blond turned his head around to see a red-haired girl in a simple black dress walking towards him.

"You've seen Sir Clouse?"

"He said he's out for an important meeting, Princess."

"What? Now?! You gotta be kidding.."

The girl looked pissed off.

"Thanks anyway." She paused for a few seconds, analysing the persons around her.

"Hello, blacksmith."

She smiled at him, then turned around and walked away.

And after she did, his sister questioned. "You never told me you and the princess are friends."

"Eh, we're not really friends. She just tries to cut me in two every time she sees me."

Lloyd started giggling. "You're her training doll now."

"Princess Skylor is friends with pretty much everyone here." Jay commented in his enthusiastic voice.

"Yeah, just because she doesn't treat us as her slaves." Lloyd added.

It was all silent for a moment.

Then Lloyd felt something holding his arm.

"At least, don't you know when will he be back?"

Princess Skylor was back, talking to the blond boy again.

"I don't, Princess. I'm sorry."

She raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Well, if you don't know then who will, huh?"

"I'm his slave, not his personal assistant." The boy bluntly stated.

"I know you better than that, Lloyd. You don't need to be his personal assistant to know such things."

Lloyd smiled at her comment.

She continued. "I won't tell anyone you're the one who told me. Just spill the beans."

"He's travelling a bit far, so he's not expected to be here before the break of dawn tomorrow."

She smiled at him, then her gaze moved to the young blacksmith.

She saw him looking at her, a smug smile on his lips.

She turned her gaze away, thanked Lloyd, and then walked back into the castle.

"See?" Lloyd smiled.

Yeah..

She's lovley.

But she's a princess, while I'm a blacksmith.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what fate has in store for us.

---

And here goes the second filler chapter with a messed up ending!

Right now I'm just wondering why did I make the Kai hating Jay part in the first place..

Anyway, see that empty star at the bottom?
Press it and it'll turn golden!
Isn't it cool?
Now don't press it again or else it'll explode!

Thanks for voting :).

Byeee peeps!

~Ninjagirlfan;D