Chapter 9: "The cold night"

Kai's POV

It was nighttime.

The cold air of the night was chilling me to the bone.

Nya has already went into our small habitat.
I was just finishing one small task before going after her.

I started walking in the dark, taking slow small steps.

It's so calm here. Most of the servants and guards are in the castle, because of the party the King organised.

Then, a sobbing voice caught my attention.

Who could possibly be crying out here at this time, and in such cold weather?

I scanned the place with my eyes, only to see someone in the distance on their knees, so I walked to them.

Then I noticed it was a girl, and her hair was let down. But, I couldn't tell what color it is in this dark.

I approached her, and that was when I recognized who she is.

I bent down her level. "Princess Skylor?"

She looked from the ground and up at me with her hazel eyes open wide, breathing hard, tears running down her cheeks.

When she saw me her breath calmed down and her eyes went back to normal. "Oh, it's you. J-just, leave me alone."

"Why are you crying?"

She turned her head to the other side. "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm just worried." I posed my hand on her arm.

Wow, her skin is as cold as ice.
Well, she's wearing a sleeveless dress and standing there in the middle of the night.

"You're so cold."

She looked into my eyes. Then suddenly, she buried her face in my chest and I felt her tears wetting my shirt.

I felt like my whole body was numb, and so hot, like it's burning.

I stroked her hair, trying to comfort her. "Shhh, don't cry. Whatever happened would never be worth your tears."

A cool breeze of air blew in my face, making the girl in my arms shiver.
I wrapped my other arm around her, even though I knew it won't help.

That's when I felt the princess has removed her face from my chest. I looked at her, to find her starring at me.

When our gazes met, we both looked in different directions.

I looked at her again, and saw her looking down, blushing.
That made my face heat and redden.

She turned her gaze towards me again.

We both stayed like that for a few minutes, and that's when I did something I never thought I would do.

I held her head gently with both my hands and planted a long kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes were wide open, and her face was all red.

I let go of her head and looked at the ground.

"I'm.. I'm so sorry. I.."

"N-no. Don't be. I feel better now."

She smiled, as she started playing with a lock of her red hair that shined beautifully under the moonlight.

We stayed in silence for a few minutes. Until her eyes went wide open, and she pushed herself away from me. "I.. I need to go. I'm sorry. The ceremony. A-and my dad." She stuttered as she got up, struggling with her long dress and her high heels.

I stood on my feet, and caught the girl that was about to fall from her waist.

"Th-thank you."

A smile drew itself on my face. "Don't mention it. Just go back in the castle before anybody gets worried."

"Right.."

She took some careful steps in her heels.

"And.. good night, Kai."

"Good night, P-princess."

I fixed my sight at her, until she got inside the castle.

The cold night air blew in my face again, and ran in my hair, as I walked slowly to our hut, my hands in my pockets.
I sneaked in without waking Nya up, and into my room, then threw myself on the bed.

All I can think about now is her.

Do I really.. like her?
I shouldn't feel this way towards a princess. Because for sure, she would never feel the same.

I sighed.

I kept my eyes fixed at the wooden ceiling.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

---

Finally a chapter with some actual Kailor in it!

Did you know that returning from school to find some votes on your chapter helps you write more?

Love you all peeps! See yaaaaa!

~Ninjagirlfan;D