Chapter 5: "The army"

It was the day of the army's return.

The two siblings headed to the army's camp, with a cart of all weapons they had made, alongside with what are supposed to be doctors and nurses, some servants, and the royal chariot.

They replaced all the damaged weapons, and sharpened and cleaned the old ones.

The king himself went to see his army, that returned for the third time this month.

"General, what's happening?"

The army's general kneeled before his king.

He talked while looking at the ground.

"Your Majesty, we can't go like that anymore. W-we're loosing! Ever since these anacondrai warriors appeared, it've been impossible to stay in a fight with them for a couple hours!"

"I don't care! I'm not letting some legged snakes take over my kingdom!"

"But, Your Majesty, a lot of men are dying. It's impossible to keep up!"

King Chen gritted his teeth, a furious look on his face.

The general burried his head in the ground, expecting for the king to turn his wrath on him.

"To be or not to be, this is the question. Is it impossible, or is it not impossible?"

Jay was in his blue and red stripped clown costum, his fool's hat on his head.

He was sitting cross-legged on the ground, admiring the skull in his hand.

The general looked with a raised eyebrow.

"If things are impossible, then impossible things are possible to be impossible, and those that are possible are impossible to be impossible."

The king's furious look faded, and the general looked at the boy weirded.

"What does that mean?"

Jay threw the skull away.

"Meh, I don't know. I'm a jester not a philosopher."

He quickly rose to his feet and approached the general.

"Just don't say it's impossible. You can achieve anything if you work hard. Kinda."

The clown shrugged, and walked away.

The evil ruler gave his general a death glare before walking in the other direction.

Meanwhile, Kai was in a small wooden hut, sharpening some old dirty weapons.

Then once again, that feeling of something coming from behind.

He raised the sword in his hand as he turned around, and met the other sword that was about to hit him.

That sword! You must be kidding me..

He looked to who was wielding the sword.

Princess Skylor.

He looked at her with wide eyes.

She was hanging with one hand from the roof.

Her red hair was made into a loose braid, and she was wearing an orange sleevless kimono.

"You've got good reflexes."

She lightly jumped on her feet.

"The last guard I was training with got his helmet cut in two."

So crazy and dangerous. Thought Kai.

"But I'll get you one day."

She walked passed him, as he starred, and was about to walk out, but suddenly swung the sword back as she turned around.

The blacksmith felt it, and stopped it between his hands.

He smiled as he realised what just happened again.

"You're giving me some challenge here, blacksmith."

"What can I say? It's a talent." He bragged.

"You're the cocky type, aren't you? Well, you're gonna need that talent of yours, because I'm gonna get you one day, blacksmith."

She drew her swords back and walked out for real this time.

The young man kept starring at her, lost, as she got out.

He shook his head and then finished cleaning the sword in his hand, and took it, alongside with the other ones, and went outside to give them back to the soldiers.

As he did, he saw the red haired girl fighting a..

Serpentine!!

It was a short black creature with orange spots on his back.

Then another red snake came from behind, without the girl noticing him.

Kai dropped the swords in his hand, exept for one, and ran to her.

He yelled and hit the red creature, who screamed in the process.

Skylor, who had just stabbed her black opponent, turned around when she heared that scream.

She saw Kai kicking the red serpentine, sending him flying, and falling on the ground.

They kept starring at each other for a few seconds.. until they felt someone approaching.

The king, the minister, and two soldiers came running their way.

The boy bowed on his knees when he saw the king.

"Skylor! What happened?"

"Nothing. I think i just killed a serpentine, and the blacksmith.. saved me.. from another one I didn't see coming."

She looked at the ground, ashamed, as she said the last part.

"Hmm.. Are these snakes alive?"

"The red one might survive, Master.." Clouse declared, examining the creature.

"But for the Constrictai, i think the princess may have played hard this time."

"Eh, just stabbed him with the sword in his stomach, he might still be alive for now."

"That's my dangerous little daughter."

King Chen ruffled his daughter's red hair.

"Chain that Fangpyre. We're taking him with us."

"Yes, My Lord."

The two guards walked to the red serpentine and did as they were told.

When everyone walked away, Kai rose.

The princess was still here, looking at him.

"I think I owe you a thank you."

"I-it's my duty, Princess."

"What's your name, blacksmith?"

"It's Kai, Princess."

"Alright then, Kai. Keep an eye out, 'cause i'm still gonna try to get ya."

He smiled, and she did the same then turned around and walked away.

---
I finally wrote something worth reading!

And fast update because I wasn't wasting time when I forgot to publish the last chapter.

Last thing, I'm gonna be back to school in two days. BUT I will give you updates because I have stuff already written!

Yup so that's it and peace out.

~Ninjagirlfan;D