Chapter 1

“I hate you” I screeched at the top of my lungs. He just stomped away aggressively as I muttered profanities under my breath.

I just had another argument with Luke, Luke brooks being my best friend, Luke brooks being the dick that can’t make it to my first ever performance tomorrow. He claims he can’t come tomorrow because he is needed at work but I know it’s because it’s his casual hook up day with Samantha Hayes, the school slut. Don’t get me wrong I love Luke to pieces and I’d be done without him, but he is such a fucking backstabbing slut, he’s slept with every girl in our year apart from me. Like seriously I told him to stay away from my band mates but no, he screwed them as well, now they all can’t be in the same room. Luke brooks is the overly sensitive, anger filled boy that I just so happen to call my best friend.

Tomorrow I would be performing in front of 9000 people, some being people from my school, my neighbours, my friends, they’d all be there as it was a neighbourhood concert, and my band restricted was picked to perform, im the lead singer, I perform in it with my close friends (none of them compare to Luke though) Ellie Graham, Jordy fowler and Annie Pixton. Ellie, was a blonde, she was definitely the stuff guys liked to look at, her hair curls down to her hips and the pink streaks she had put in it in year 10 made her stand out even more, she looked even more stunning when you saw her with the cheerleaders at school. Jordy was a laugh, he had short brown hair in a comb over, and he wore Capri’s and a navy blue polo, his signature look, especially with the vans, Jordy was captain of the football team. And Annie, well Annie had short red hair bouncing off her shoulders and piercing blue eyes, her attitude was bubbly but quiet, she was the back-up singer and she was in the chess club. Sometimes I just wonder about how we managed to become a band, from strangers.  I loved them all dearly but Luke is better, no offence to them but I’ve been best friends with Luke since I was four and we just kinda stuck together.

The performance

“good luck” jai muttered from beside me, I smiled deeply and gave him a hug; he was Luke’s twin and another one of my friends, he was here tonight with James, skip and his older brother beau.  

“thanks ba-jai-by” I smirked pulling out of the hug, saying goodbye to the boys before they made their way to their seats

“good luck Lucy loo” beau cooed pulling my into a hug in his big strong muscular arms.

“thanks beau-job” I chuckled

“good luck” skip says dragging me out of beau’s arms and into his own; okay so these guys were all like my brothers, I was in all honesty bezzies with them all but me and Luke were loads closer.

“thanks” and then I gave James a hug and he offered a good luck I smiled at them all before they made their way to the door “sorry he couldn’t come” jai said apologetically referring to Luke, I just smiled and shrugged it off.

I waved them all off before making my way to the stage, the curtains were currently hung down so I was hid from the bustling audience. “Ready?” Jordy questioned from behind me on the drums, I nodded as the curtains drew back revealing a crowd. The crowd was massive and people squealed as we got our instruments ready; well when the guys get theirs ready, Jordy on drums, ellie on guitar and Annie on keyboard.

My eyes scanned the audience and one face in particular stuck out; Luke’s, his blonde streak in his head could be spotted a mile away and it doesn’t help he’s wearing a florescent jacket, he looks such a dick, but my dick of a best friend. I shook it off as I introduced us and began to sing “hey guys we’re restricted and we’ll be singing three songs to you guys today, ENJOY!” I screamed down the mic and the roars went wild as I started to sing.