Meeting Her

Annabeth POV

I woke up to the lovely sound of," GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP!"

So, I got up. I hopped in the shower humming Miss Jackson, by Panic! At the Disco. What? It's a good song!

I throw on a plain orange T-shirt and a pair of faded jean shorts. I slipped my phone in my pocket and put my headphones around my neck. What can I say? I'm a nerd. I put my untameable hair in a high pony tail. As I head to the kitchen I hear a crash. Oh no. I was hopping they wouldn't be up. I mean, I know my dad was up but I hoped they weren't up. I slid into the kitchen as quietly as possible. I took in the scene.

My father was sitting at the head of the table, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, the twins were sitting, eating a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs, Helen was cooking more eggs for herself. I quickly slip in and grab a bagel. I sling my backpack over my shoulder. I look at my watch. 8:15. Good I have a half hour before school. I exit the house quietly.

When I step outside my door, I see Percy standing there. His back was facing me, his earbuds in his ear. His head was bobbing up and down to his music. He had his key in the lock. I tip toed up behind him. I pulled out his earbuds.

"HEY!" He whirled around, anger written on his face. Then he saw me. He squinted his eyes at me.

"What have I ever done to you to deserve that?" his voice was in a joking manner.

"Well, you did nothing. I just wanted to see what you would do." I didn't realize it before but he had tensed up. He relaxed.

"Oh," he seems relieved, " I thought I did something that I didn't know about."

I laugh, "That's really what you're worried about? And why are you up this early anyway?"

He blushed, "Well, I wanted to walk you to school, you know. So you don't get lost," he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, " Umm, Annabeth?"

"I had turned around and started heading to the stairs but I stopped, "yeah?"

"I had a weird dream last night. I was sitting on top of a roof of a hotel. Th- the Lotus Casino, I think, I was with you and another girl, I don't know what she looked like though, I didn't see her. I only heard her voice. The only person I saw was you. Do you know what that was?" Oh no. Of all the fun times we had he remembered that one.

"N-no, I don't know what you're talking about." He frowned, he could tell I was lying. He knew. But, luckily, he didn't press.

"Ok, we better get to school then." He puts his arm out in a joking way, like I was supposed to link my arm with his. 

"Why thank you Mr. Jackson." I take has arm. He grins stupidly.

~~~

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, Percy frowns.

"What?" I ask.

"I just thought of something," he seems troubled by this, "You know more about me than I do."

His face makes me laugh. His eyebrows furrowed, a little frown on his face. He looks so stupid. I'm almost rolling on the floor laughing.

"What?" He sounds so sad.

"You look really stupid." He puts on a pouty face. He puts his hand to his chest in mock hurt. That just makes me laughter harder.

~~~

The walk to school was uneventful. It was school that crushed my dreams.

We walker up to the building. It had a brick fence around it. The matching brick building looked like it was about to fall over at any second. The name was really misleading. The two story building only had one entrance, which was a ratty old gate that creaked when Percy opened it.

"Welcome," Percy's voice startled me, "to the horrible place of hel- school, not, not hell." I rolled my eyes.

"Is that what you believe Perce?" He acts hurt, but he's smiling.

"Why yes Wise Girl." I don't even hear the nickname, "Come and meet my friends!!!!" He grabs my arm and pulls me along to one shady part of the outside portion of the building.

"Hey guys!" Percy says, "This is Annabeth," they all look up. Wait, I know these people.

They remember me to, because they all say (like they rehearsed it), "Annabeth!"  All of their mouths are open.

"Hey, guys."

Percy looks confused,"Wait," he puts his hand in a time out position, "You know each other?"

I pipe up before anyone else, " Yeah they all use to live near me." I smile sheepishly.

"Oh," Percy seems to get the silent message I send him, before the accident, "Well that saves me introducing everyone."

Then a red headed girl I don't know comes up behind Percy. She is wearing paint splattered jeans and a ratty T-shirt. She jumps on Percy's back causing him to laugh.

"Hey, Percy." She says.

"Hey," she let's go, and Percy turns around to face her.

They kiss and my world shatters, for reasons unknown to me.

I cough and Percy looks up.

" Oh Annabeth, this is Rachel, my girlfriend."