Who is she?

Percy *POV*

Annabeth. Who is she? How did I know her name? Why did she seem so upset? I wondered all of these things as I walked home. I reached the boring brick building and walked up the stairs. I know, I know, I can take the elevator but I'm trying to stay in shape for swimming. I can't let anyone beat my record. 

As I reach my door I hear shouting next door. What? I don't even know who they are. I head up to my room. I look at the clock. 7:15. Mom is probably cooking dinner. I hear a crash and run downstairs.

"What was that?" Mom looks up.

"Wasn't me. Must've been the next door neighbors," I give her a confused look, she sighed, "When you first move into a place, you tend to break a couple of things. That's what happens." Not as soon as she said that I hear a scream. I look at my mom. She nods knowing what I'm thinking. I rush next door. Knocking frantically, I start to worry more than necessary. A woman opens the door.

"Yes?" Her voice is high and reedy, and really annoying.

"I heard a scream is everything alright?"

She sighs, "Yes, that was just Annabeth, she dropped something on her foot." Annabeth

"Is she alright?" Why can't I get anywhere today without hearing that name. The lady looks surprised, like asking about Annabeth is uncommon.

"Yes, she's fine." Good. I don't know why (which I'm used to), but I'm super worried about her.

"Is it OK if I see her? I met her a the park today." I swear I see a flash of anger in her eyes.

"Yes, I guess that would be OK." She opens the door a little wider to let me in. I step inside. Boxes are everywhere. "Down the hallway, 2nd door to the right."

"Thank you." I walk down the hallway and knock on the door. I hear a sniffle and some heavy footsteps. A blond haired girl opens the door.

"What do you want Hele-" she sees me, "Uh, what are you doing here?" I smile weakly. Her eyes are so scary, I'm not sure if I should run or stand my ground.

"I heard a crash and I came to check on you." She looked surprised, like people didn't really want to see her.

"Why? You don't even know me." 

"I-I" I got nothin'. I just feel like I should know her. She seems so familiar, "You seemed familiar, so I wanted to check on you, Annabeth."

Her head swivels up from looking at the floor, "What?"

"After you left. I don't know where it came from but that name popped up in my head. Like, like a long lost memory."

"You got that right." Now it was my turn to be surprised. What? "Come in my room, you look like an idiot standing in the hallway." she opened the door wider.

I stepped in her room and stared at the window. "How did you get that awesome view? I live right next door and my view is of a brick wall!" I am honestly surprised. The look on my face must've been priceless because as soon as the girl saw my face she laughed. "Yo-you loo-look so stu-stupid!" she managed between laughs. I stuck my tongue out at her. This felt normal. I mean I don't even know her name, but this seems right. After her fit of giggles she seems super serious. She sits on her bed and gestures for me to sit in the chair. So, I sit.

"Tell me all you remember."

"Just that name, Annabeth." I shrug.

"If I said something crazy would you believe me?"

"Depends on what it is."

She took a deep breath, "When you were 12, there was an accident. You were in a coma for 3 weeks..." she continues to tell me about how this Annabeth girl was my best friend, and how when I woke up I didn't remember her. She told me about how I moved to New York. Annabeth had kept in touch with my mom, but they lost contact about a year ago.

"OK good to know," I say, "how do you know all this?"

She seemed distressed by this question,"Percy, I'm Annabeth."

I stare at her. Something came back. A head of curly blond curls and gray eyes. "OK I believe you."

She seemed surprised by this, why was she so surprised by me? "That easily? Without any proof or anything?"

"You seem like you speak from experience, and well, I kinda remember now. A curly blond haired girl with gray eyes. I have another question. Who ran me over?"

She hesitated,"I think you know him. His name is Luke, Luke Castellean."

I blink, no, "I KNEW IT! He always acted weird around me. Like he did something wrong."

She nods, "He never felt guilty. So, what school do you go to?" I was still mad but I wanted to concentrate on something else. 

"Um... Seaside High."

Her face lit up, "Same! Maybe you could show me around?"

I smile, "Yeah, of course I will. I look at the clock, 8:00, "Crap! I gotta go, but I'll see you tomorrow?" she nods.

I race outta there, stopping briefly to thank her parents. I burst through the door.

~~~

After an embarrassing dinner, I finally got to bed. As I fall asleep, I remember something.

Wise Girl, Seaweed Brain.