Chapter 48 - Doll

Start from the beginning

Thalia's mother backed away from me and pushed the entrance door open slightly. "Darren!" She called weakly through the narrow opening. And there he was, the guy I'd seen climb over the fencing of my mansion. His features hardened when he saw me and he wasted no time in attempting to scare me off. He strode over to me and gripped the hem of my shirt. But I pushed him back by his shoulders, causing him to stumble backwards.

Who did he think he was to touch me? I was a Meadowcliff kid, no one below that status has ever dared to mess with me, or even talk to me for that matter, and this poverty stricken asshole thinks he can get me piece of me. I wanted to swing my fist at him, my thriving anger only encouraged me but I reminded myself of what I was here for. I pushed the haughty thoughts aside and brought my focus back on Thalia. Her mother was looking at me as if I was some sort of wild beast. I wasn't making a very good first impression.

"That's him! That's the guy Lia had to live with! I swear I'll fucking kill you!" He bawled, wagging his finger at me. Lights flickered inside, we must've woken up about everyone in the building.

"Fucking calm your ass! Thalia isn't with her friend right now and she could be in trouble. I need to know where she is so if you have the slightest clue, you need to tell me." I said as I tried to regulate my breathing, my fists clenching as I calmed myself down.

"What do you mean she's in trouble?" Her mother cried, tears welling in her cloudy eyes. "She said she would be with Sarah-"

"There's no Sarah!" I said truthfully. Hiding it was futile now. "Thalia was supposed to meet me tonight but I never saw her."

"I told you. You shouldn't have let her go." Darren said to her before his eyes darted to me, fire protuberant in them. She shut her eyes, shaking as she descended to rest on the short stairs. The bastard rushed to her aid, helping her sit down.

"Richard." He muttered to himself before letting her in on the newly discovered information. What I had at the back of my mind had been proven to be true. "I think I know where she is. I need a cab." Of course. Of course he'd know. The prick had been in on it all along.

My nerves were set on edge as I hurried to my car. I couldn't bring myself to think of what was happening to Thalia now. But I could think of a thousand different ways to murder the people who did this to her.

_______

 Thalia's POV

My eyelids felt heavy, and my vision wasn't whole. Something kept pulling me back to sleep, and I struggled to resist it. A foreign smell filled my senses, unfamiliar voices could be heard in the distance. My breathing ceased momentarily when I noticed that my legs had been pried apart. I tried to move but I had been fixed into this position. I couldn't budge. A cold metal held my thighs in place and goosebumps masked my skin. There was somebody at the foot of the bed, or whatever I was on. I jerked once I realised it but a voice commanded me to calm down and relax. What an irrelevant thing to say.

I tried to scream but I was evidently deprived of energy. A sound a little louder than a whimper escaped, though. But it was useless. I saw tools on a tray set on the side of the bed. Gloved hands reached to retrieve them. I heard the sound of metals clinking. What were they doing to me? I put in eveything I had left in me to shout for help. There was no answer, because my call was not strong enough. Something shadowed over me before a mint-scented cloth was pressed to my nose and mouth, which quickly reminded me of what had happened to me before this. Then darkness.

_____

Once my eyes cracked open, I prayed that I'd woken up from a nightmare. But I hadn't. It hadn't been a nightmare. This was real. I was here again. The disgustingly extravagant room, the large bed made for two, that scent. Strong mint.