Junkie

Beverly P.o.V

I was so stoned, I couldn't argue with Liz, I rolled my eyes and stormed upstairs, I felt myself getting more tired as I got to the top of the steps. When I rounded the hall towards my room I felt myself being pressed up against the wall.

I looked up and met eyes with Kurt Cobain. I got absorbed by the beautiful blue eyes and the sound of "Heartbreak Station" by Cinderella.

We just stood there in silence looking at each other. He had his hands propped up behind me on the wall. God, he was beautiful.

Then I remembered what he said to me and I cringed under his gaze, "go away" I mumbled.

"Look at me Beverly" he whispered. I looked down, avoiding his eyes that were burning into mine.

I felt his finger tilt my head up by my chin, he looked over my face, my lips, and it almost seemed as if he whined as he looked at my lips. He looked at me so desperately.

He rolled up my sleeves and saw the injection marks in my veins. He turned around with his head in his hands. Kurt stayed with his back to me for what felt like a long time.

Finally he turned around quickly, he was crying. "Beverly, give me the fucking dope" he demanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I snapped walking away from him. I felt my vision getting slower.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around, he smashed his lips onto mine. It was bittersweet, he pulled away.

"What's the deal Kurt? Why're you worryi-" I heard from around the corner. All of the sudden Vicky appeared, she sat there glaring at me.

Kurt, from her view, looked like he was just holding my arm. She looked me over, "I can't believe you Beverly" she said.

She walked over to me and Kurt released my arm. She grabbed my arms and looked at the track marks. Then did something I wouldn't really expect, she laughed. I widened my eyes at her, and Kurt looked some sort of angry. I was too high to comprehend what was going on.

Next thing I knew Vicky grabbed Kurt's hand and began to drag him away, not before stopping and looking back at me to say. "Once a Junkie, always a junkie."

I locked myself into my room and drug my dresser in front of the door, I groaned in pain, physical and emotional. My heart hurt so bad that it made my chest feel like it was caving in. My radio was turned on and Nazareth's "Love Hurts" was playing and it didn't make me feel any better. I punched my wall repeatedly, until my knuckles bled.

I felt a pang in my head, like a sudden headache. I heard knocking on my door but I ignored  it.

"Beverly, it's Liz. Open up" Liz said, her voice sounded sad. It was my fault.

I didn't say anything as I was already drawing the red liquid into my needle, it was a fairly large dose. An overdose was possible, but probably not in my case. I shot up and felt a wave of comfort, I wasn't so sad anymore. I slid my spoons and needles under the bed, my arm felt heavy.

"I can help ya through this girl, don't listen to Vicky dude, she's being a bitch" shouted Liz, luckily she was still calm.

As for my bag of dope, I hid it behind my picture on the wall, there was a hole there. One that only I knew of.

I sat down on my floor and lit a cigarette, I took a long drag and breathed out, I was slowly drowning out.

"Beverly, open this fucking door!!" Liz yelled, she was now banging on the door.