Deal with It

"Beverly" I heard my mom say as she kept fading away from me,

being taken from me once again.

I felt someone shaking me, "Beverly wake up!"

"Mom?" I said in disbelief, waking up and opening my eyes. Instead I was met with the beautiful blue eyes of none other than Kurt Cobain.

It took me a minute to realize that he was actually here, that he found me, that for some damn reason he wanted to find me.

  "Kurt? Why..what..?" I said sitting up with my back against the wall.

He sat across from me staring at me with a blank expression, "Why'd you leave?"

I shrugged and looked down at my hands, tracing the scar on my thumb, it was a nervous tick.

"Why Bev?" He asked again, I looked up at him, he had a look on his face like a sad puppy.

I sighed, "I don't know Kurt" I stated. He frowned, "you and I both know that's bullshit" he said.

I stood up, getting aggravated, "It doesn't matter Kurt, why do you care so damn bad? Just go away leave me alone!" I said in a strained voice.

He just sat and stared at me.

"I'm a burden Kurt, all that would result from me staying there would be me pushing my stupid pitiful life problems and issues on you guys. And I can't care about anyone I can't fuckin' do it, everyone goes away I'm saving you all from the burden, and myself from the pain. So just leave me be damn it, go ho-" Kurt interrupted me by abruptly standing up and getting close to me.

"Why would you ever think you're a burden to me or the guys? Do you not see how beautiful of a person you are?" He asked, his voice cracked and he looked nervous.

"I'm not a beautiful person, I don't care what shit you feed me I'm not going back.." I said looking down.

Next thing I knew my wrists were pinned gently to the concrete wall of the cylinder. I could feel Kurt's hot breath on my lips, I looked up into his eyes that were staring intently into mine.

"We all have our problems Bev, and flaws, but we help each other through them. We'll do the same for you..I promise you I'll never leave you, or the guys, you won't be alone. I don't know what's happened in your past to cause you to believe that everyone's as bad as the people who've hurt you but I promise you that, that won't happen here. You're coming back with me, okay?" He asked, more like pleaded.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, I wanted to kiss him so bad but I knew he only meant all that in a friendly way. "No ones ever said anything like that to me before" I whispered.

"Well I'm glad I was your first" he said softly, kissing my hand. "Now come with me."

"Okay" I nodded looking down. Kurt hugged me tight and whispered that it was going to be alright.

He gave me a piggy back ride the whole way home, we were past the bridge and I fell asleep on his back.

And I knew at that point then and there I was fucked.

I was in love with Kurt Cobain.