Something in the Way

Kurt P.o.V

I woke up stretching with a yawn, I looked to my right to see the couch was empty. Was I dreaming that Beverly was here? I touched my eye, it hurt. 'Okay..so I wasn't dreaming' I thought. I saw that her backpack was gone, along with her cigarettes.

"Bev?" I called walking through the apartment. Nothing.

I started to get worried. "Beverly?!" I yelled, "fuck she's not here!"

I grabbed my jean jacket and called Krist from his job. The phone kept ringing, and I kept pacing.

"Pluto Record Store, this is Kri-" I interrupted him before he could finish.

"Krist, shit, Krist" I said into the phone, "Beverly took off I don't know where she's at she took all of her stuff man!"

I heard the phone shuffle around. "Just chill out dude, just chill go out and look for her, check the bridge. I'll be off work in about an hour, if you can't find her by then, call me" he said.

I sighed, "alright man, bye" I hung up the phone and bolted out the front door.

"I'm gonna find you Beverly Jane.." I whispered.

                 ****************

Beverly P.o.V

I'd been walking for about an hour, I was gonna go to the bridge but I knew they'd look for me there. I'd never been down the path on the other side of the bridge, so I figured that's where I'd head.

I couldn't get Kurt out of my mind, and it was pissing me off. 'What the fuck Beverly? You can't grow feelings for him!' I told myself mentally. It was bad enough I was getting really close to him as a friend, and the guys. That scared me, but it fucking terrifies me that there's even a possibility of me loving someone, or falling in love with someone.

That's why I had to leave.

I've only been in one relationship, a very long time ago, and I got mentally scarred. It left me feeling like I wasn't good enough for the longest time until I finally overcame it, but truth is there's days all the time where I sometimes feel like I'm not worth something. Honestly, that's how I felt right now.

I looked around, becoming aware of my surroundings, I was in some sort of woods. It was pouring down rain, and I mean hard. I looked around for somewhere sheltered. I saw nothing, I walked as fast as I could across the mudded path, that was getting pelted by rain. I got smacked in the arm by a thorn bush.

"Ow fuck!!" I exclaimed seeing the blood appear on my shoulder, I looked up and saw a Concrete tube thing, and went underneath it. It was like a little tunnel. I sat down and leaned my back up against the wall. Listening to the rain and letting out a sigh. I lit a cancer stick and inhaled deeply.

I decided to sleep now because there was no way in hell I was sleeping at night in the middle of nowhere, where I could be raped, murdered, or attacked by an animal. So I closed my eyes, laid my head on my backpack and fell asleep.

***

Kurt P.o.V

I couldn't find her, I looked everywhere around town, around the bridge.

"The path!" I said desperately to myself. I ran back to the bridge and followed the path into the woods, I was absolutely drenched. My shoes were tracking mud, I needed to find her, I needed her.  I was too afraid to call her name, because I didn't want her to run, so I just looked. I finally came across a concrete fuckin' block thing. I slowly approached it, and looked inside. 

I saw a figure laying down, sound asleep and I couldn't stop smiling when I realized that it was Beverly.

"I found you" I whispered. Tucking a piece of her caramel hair behind her ear.