|Warming Up| Kcalb X Reader ~The Gray Garden~

[REQUESTED - funnylenkagamine]

You stood outside the large door seperating you from the gods who have summoned you. You brought up your hand to knock, but then let it rest at your side as you sighed.

It wasn't like you to hesitate. You knew Etihw was very laidback and fun-loving, but her devil counterpart on the other hand... Perhaps not so welcoming? You haven't heard much good news about the devil.

It has not been long since Etihw and Kcalb came to an agreement and even joined forces. You assisted the angels under Etihw in getting medical attention or simply by running errands for them. The angels who fought alongside Etihw have witnessed their comrades being slaughtered. They all said the same thing. Kcalb was cruel and heartless.

Recalling all the negative news about the devil, you continue to pace around the hallway debating by yourself whether to enter or just make up an excuse in order to escape. Surely, Etihw would understand. But then again, you felt indebted to the angel so you decided against fleeing.

Just when you were about to knock, the heavy door creaked open. You felt a chill go down your spine. Your breath hitched as your eyes dart towards the figure standing right at the door step. It was Kcalb.

Pale face. White hair. Black sclera with white irises. Two large black horns. What of his appearance did not scream danger? He exuded power and authority. To add to the anxiety you were feeling, he was towering over you with a piercing gaze despite his blank expression.

Realizing that you were staring too long into the eyes of this rumored, you looked away and tried to say something, only to become a stuttering mess in front of the devil. "I... Uhh... E-Etihw called me here!" you blurted out.

Your face flashed in embarrassment at your mess up, but you couldn't help it. He certainly was intimidating. Even more so when he remained silent. That scared you even more. It was obvious that this man scared the heck out of you. It showed on your face.

You then started to overthink the possible scenarios that might occur. Maybe your mistake offended him and he was actually thoroughly planning your death starting from torture methods to what kind of material should be used to make your gravestone. Or maybe he was going to attack you with one-hit KO move and leave you to rot.

Your mind continued to go haywire as you remained unmoving in Kcalb's presence. All of a sudden, Kcalb took a step towards you, making you instinctively take a step back. He took another step closing the ap between the two of you. You shut your eyes and brace yourself for whatever was gonna come at you. But nothing came.

Your opened your eyes to see Kcalb take a step back. It puzzled you. Why take a step back if he was supposed to approach you, punish you, or something? You then look at Kcalb  and opened your mouth to speak, but you were silenced by the look on his face. He looked guilty, a bit confused, and most of all, he looked pained. You felt your heart drop as you realized that your actions may have caused that pained look on his face. It made you feel like you were the bad one.

All of a sudden, Kcalb stumbled a few steps forward as Etihw made her way out the door. "Sheesh. What are you standing around for? Can't walk? Is old age getting to you?" Etihw teased.

"I'm not that old..." He responded with a slight scowl on his face. Etihw stifles a laugh at his response. "If you say so." she chirped. You watched their exchange of words with your mouth agape. It's as if they were never sworn enemies. You would have thought they were long time friends or even lovers had you not known of their past.

Etihw walked over behind you and puts her hand on your shoulder. "This is (y/n)! I asked her to assist you if you need something since I'll be away for a few days."