|Not So Secret| Kcalb X Reader ~The Gray Garden~

[ATTEMPTED FLUFF]

Etihw and Kcalb have just recently made peace. It was an unexpected event for everyone, but it was more relieving than unexpected. Especially for (y/n).

"Etihw, I brought cake." You say from outside the huge door. You knock hearing no response. "Etihw?"

"Come in." You hear a deep voice say. Your eyes widen, realizing who spoke just now. You enter the room leaving the plate on the table.

"Mister Kcalb..." He ignores you and starts feasting on the cake. "What about Etihw?" You ask. He stops eating for a while to answer. "I told her I wanted to eat. She's outside helping the people."

You nod your head in understanding. "What about you?"

"Break." He answers as he continues to savor the sweetness of the cake. You giggle at the rare sight.

You first met him some time ago when he was injured. He was still Etihw's enemy, but you treated him anyways. Whether it was out of kindness or not, you did not know. However, you can recall how intimidating he was before. You met a few times after that because he wanted to thank you. You were very cautious and paranoid back then. And here he is now... Eating cake!

"You have quite a sweet tooth, don't you?" You mention as giggle a bit. He blushes at this, and starts eating in a slow pace.

"I didn't know you worked for Eti." He says. You feel your heart clench at his sentence.

"Eti? When did these two get so close that they have nicknames?" you thought.

"I always knew who you were. I always thought you would kill me." You reply with a nervous laugh. "I might have."

You feel your hair stand at its ends as you froze. "But I wouldn't hurt someone who treated me." He adds.

You feel warm in the inside and butterflies in your stomach. It didn't take you long to find out why. It wasn't the first time you felt this way.

"Is that so..?" You remain inside the room not making a sound. Kcalb finishes his dessert and then leans back comfortably in his chair.

You take the plate and put it on the tray. You were about to leave when he stops you in your tracks. "Will you come back?" He asks.

"Of course." You answer trying not to sound too happy.

~¤~

You started visiting them more frequently. Occasionally, it was only Kcalb in the room. He also starts meeting you outside the castle more than before. With all that, you two unexpectedly got in a relationship without anyone knowing.

"Kcalb..."

"Hmm..?"

"You're quite close with Etihw." You say as you pick one flower from the garden. "I guess..." He answers.

Feeling somewhat jealous, you pout and face in a direction away from him. "Is that so?"

You continue choosing which flowers to pick while Kcalb just watches you with a stoic face. "We first met here."

You nod as you reminisce the memories. He walks over to you and puts a (f/c) flower by your ear. "What's this for?"  You ask.

"Nothing much." He replies with a tinge of red on his cheeks. You smile at his embarrassment.

"You should have made it a ring so it would seem like you were proposing." You joke, a small laugh following after.

He sits next to the flower bed and picks up four flowers and tries to tie it together but ends up breaking it instead. "I was joking, you know." He still continues his attempt.

You kneel beside him with an obvious blush on your face. You give him a peck on the cheek, making him blush also.

"This is my thanks for trying." You were about to walk away when he pulls your wrist, pulling you in front of him.

"I couldn't make a ring." He says. You couldn't look him in the eye so you just nod in response. He slowly leans closer. You close your eyes in anticipation, but he only kisses your forehead. You open your eyes feeling somewhat dumbfounded. You both turn away from each other feeling embarrassed.

You smiled lightly knowing that Kcalb does really care about you more than anyone else.  "I'm glad Etihw doesn't know about this..." You mutter. Kcalb imagines the result if ever that happened and then shivers a bit.

"Let's head back?"

~¤~

"Aren't they just cute?" A feminine voice comments. A green-haired demon whistles. "Way to go, old man!" She cheers. "Etihw, are we really supposed to do this?" The stoic angel asks. "It's not eavesdropping if it was an accident~." Etihw chirps. "Now, I can use against him!"

"How?" Yosafire asks. Froze looks at Etihw also wondering what it is. "Blackmail." She replies with a not-so innocent smile.