|From A Deep Slumber| David X Reader ~The Crooked Man~

[REQUESTED- DoLlHoUsEy (correct me if I got it wrong)]

(y/n) - your name
(h/c) - hair color
(h/l) - hair length
(e/c) - eye color
~¤~

David wandered around the abandoned hospital. So far, the crooked man wasn't able to catch up to him. He saw a room from a door that was slightly open. He entered the room.

Inside was a bed with a soft pink blanket. It laid there wrinkled. It was if someone stayed there.

'That can't be possible, can it?" He asked himself. Suddenly feeling the tiredness take a toll on him, He laid down on the bed and slowly fell asleep.

A few minutes later, you entered the room. You saw a familiar man resting on the bed. You sat next to his sleeping form as you gave a nostalgic smile.

"David..."

~¤~

David woke up feeling comfortable. His hair was being stroked by a slender hand. It's gentle touch made him feel like going back to sleep, but then he remembered... Who is stroking his hair?

The crooked man?!?!! (A/N: HAHA! XD I CANNOT HELP BUT PUT THIS!)

He shot up abruptly. He turned to see who was there with him. His vision slowly started to clear up. He saw a girl around his age. She had beautiful (h/c) (h/l) and mesmerizing (e/c) orbs.

"Ah! I didn't mean to startle you! I'm sorry..." You apologized.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"You don't... remember..." You muttered looking down. He started to feel guilty. He felt like this wasn't his first time meeting you, but he couldn't hit the bull's eye.

"I can't seem to recall you. Have we met before?" He asked trying to dig up memories of his not so wonderful past.

"I'm (y/n)! Well, it's okay if you don't remember me. After all, we've only met twice." You answered with a half-hearted smile.

There was a long period of silence.

"So (y/n), why are you here?" David asked, sitting up straight. "Well, I used to stay here. I still have something to do here, that's why I'm in this hospital."

David wondered as to how you hadn't encountered the crooked man. "The crooked man is mostly after you. You can't stay here for long." You said as if you could tell what he was thinking.

"Have you seen him?"

You shook your head. "I haven't, but I do know that he is looking for you at this very moment." You told him.

The color in his face turned more pale. You gave him a worried look. Noticing your stare, he tried to keep his composure.

"I need to go now." He said. "Wait!" You called out holding on to his shirt. "I'm coming with you." You insisted.

"It's too dangerous." He warned. "Just please let me come with you. I'll be careful!" You assured.

David sighed. "Fine. It's better to stay together to be safe anyway."

You grinned, putting your arms around him. "Thanks, Dave!" He hugs back awkwardly, looking away with a hint of pink on his cheeks.

Once you pulled away, David went back to being serious. "Let's go. Make sure you don't get lost." He warned.

You both head out the room. After several minutes of searching, David was not able to find what he was looking for.

"(y/n), are you tired? We can rest if you'd like to." He offered. "I'm fine. You should worry about yourself." You told him.