|Tell Me A Story| Suga X Shiori ~Forest of Drizzling Rain~

REQUESTED by _The_witch_ellen_

It hasn't been long since Shiori had moved in inside the library. It was pretty happy at first. But lately, Suga noticed the dark circles under Shiori's eyes. He wasn't sure what kept her from getting a decent rest, so he was very concerned.

Shiori went into the kitchen to see Suga spacing out, not noticing the black, charcoal-like eggs on the pan. "Suga, its burning!" She says in a panicked voice.

He snaps out of his thoughts and turnd off the stove. He brought the pan closer and inspected all the charcoal-like eggs. He let out a sigh at another failed attempt at cooking.

Shiori gently put her hand on his hand and gave him a small smile. "It's okay. I'll do the cooking." She says. His heart clenched at the sight of her assuring, yet tired smile.

He wanted to lighten her load a bit, but ended up adding to it. As Shiori was cooking, he observed her features, feeling more concerned. Her eye bags were darker than before and her complexion was quite pale.

When she finished cooking the eggs and rice, Suga immediately rushed to help her set it on the table. After setting, they both sat down and finidhed eating in silence.

Suga took out a memo and wrote on it. He passed it to Shiori. "Are you okay? You seem tired." She read it, feeling guilty for making him worry.

It had been raining a lot that week and it didn't show signs of stopping. The rain reminded her of what had happened in the forest and for her, it was very unsettling. She couldn't even get a good sleep.

"I couldn't sleep well, but I'm fine." Shiori said. This worried Suga even more. He was reading a book about understanding women before cooking, in hopes of understanding what's wrong with Shiori. It mentioned that when a woman says she is fine, then she is not fine.

"You're not fine." Suga said. Shiori looked at him with her mouth slightly agape. Suga just spoke! He does it, but not a lot.

Suga understood the look on Shiori's face as "explain why I'm not fine," or something like that. He goes out of the room and comes back in with a book. He shows the front cover to her. She silently reads the bold title, "Understanding Women 101". She laughs a bit making Suga blush in embarrassment.

"To be honest, I can't sleep. I keep remembering what happened back then." Shiori admitted. Suga crossed his arms while looking at the ground, deep in thought. All of a sudden, Shiori's eyes light up, her lips curving into a wide smile.

"I have an idea!" Shiori looks at Suga, full of anticipation at the idea she had. "Why don't you read me a story? It's what parents do for their child, but it might work." Shiori requested. With the happy look on her face, there was no way he could refuse. He writes on his memo pad then rips a sheet out. Shiori takes the memo and reads it.

"I'll go find a book. What kind of book do you want to read?"

Shiori stroked her chin as she thought about what she'd like to read. "Romance, maybe?" she responded, feeling slightly unsure about her answer. Suga nods and then leaves the kitchen in search of a romance book.

Suga read a wide variety of books as he's been in the library for so long, but he hasn't read a lot of romance novels. After checking the books in different shelves, he gathered the ones that he considered to be the best by reading the synopsis at the back. He ended up choosing a historical romance book involving an empress-to-be who fell in love with an assassin who is trying to kill the emperor, her future husband.

It was already night by the time he found the book. He went to the kitchen to see Shiori cooking some fish and adding some veggies. Once she was finished, he helped her set the table.

After they finished eating, Suga got the book from the kitchen counter and showed it to Shiori. After checking the book, she nodded in approval. "This looks interesting." she said. Suga smiled, feeling relieved that he chose the right one.

They then head to Shiori's bedroom. (A/N: Suga is an innocent baby so nothing will go wrong. 😂 Just saying.) She sits up on her bed with the covers over her stomach. He sits at the edge of her bed and opens the book.

He starts reading the book. Shiori smiles and giggles a bit. She hasn't heard him speak for a long time, so listening to him made her happy. Although his storytelling was quite awkward, since he doesn't speak often.

As she continues listening for about an hour, his speaking became less awkward and more natural. Shiori got immersed in the story, but she also felt a bit sleepy.

All of a sudden, Suga pauses. His cheeks tinted pink as he struggles to read the next line. "H-H-He pushes her down..." He stutters and mumbles the last part. He scanned the pages just to read an intense love making scen making him blush hard.

"Sh-Shii-chan, this chapter-" His sentence was cut off by a weight on his shoulder. He turned his head to see an already asleep Shiori on his shoulder.

With a gentle gaze and a small smile, he strokes her hair gently and then tucks her in properly before heading for the door. He glances one last time and then turns off the light. "Goodnight, Shii-chan." With that, he closes the door.

~¤~

Shiori woke up feeling energized and refreshed. It's been such a long time since she rested that well. She heads towards the kitchen. Once she smelled something burnt, she chuckles a little. She enters the room, and goes over to help Suga in cooking.

He writes something on a memo and passes it to her. "Thank you." You read out loud. "Thank you also for last night." Shiori says. It was so rare to hear him speak for so long.

'Maybe I should not sleep so I can hear his voice more.' Shiori thought as she smiled to herself.

~¤~
A/N: YAY! Another update! I don't know how long I can keep this pace up. Hope you guys enjoyed this! :)