Homecoming

I can't believe it's been four months since I last saw Shawn. I missed him so much. We've been texting, calling, and even facetiming more frequently lately. We've even been on a facetime date a couple of times and he's been very flirtatious with me lately, calling me 'babe' and 'baby' among other names.

The four months have passed quicker than I thought. Maybe because we've been texting each other every waking moment, that it felt like we were together. I mean we've only been out twice, but it feels like more than that.

Shawn came back to North America last week, but he went straight to Toronto to visit his family. He's coming to L.A. today. He's coming to my house since I can't pick him up from the airport. Yeah, I told my parents that I'm dating Shawn Mendes. Mark was cool with it. My mom freaked out a little but got ever it quickly.

Shawn is coming to my house to meet my parents for the first time and then taking me out to dinner. The dinner is going to be 'somewhat fancy and elegant'. His words, not mine.

I wore a light pink strapless evening gown. With nude stilettos and a nude pink clutch purse. I also wore a light jacket. It's spring, but it's still chilly out. I went shopping at Macy's yesterday and let me tell you, their stuff cost arms and legs. With the money I've spent to buy the outfit alone, I could go to Forever 21 or H&M and buy a suitcase full of clothes. I went broke buying this dress, he better like it.

I hope he likes it.

"I think he's here" my mom yells from the kitchen. I'm currently in the state of fixing my eyeshadow for the third time today. I'm really nervous about this date tonight. Texting and seeing each other in person aren't the same. What if talking to each other isn't as easy as texting? Should we hug each other when we first see each other? Should we kiss? Shake hands? Just smile at each other? It's all getting me stressed out. He said not to worry about anything and that tonight would be great. He said he's been planning this date for a month now and I believed him when he said that nothing would go wrong. Not like the first time. I just hope it doesn't get awkward between us.

"I'm coming" I yell back. The doorbell rings and I hear the front door open and close. I take few deep breaths, before going downstairs.

I keep my eyes on my very high heels, so I won't fall and make a show. Once at the end of the stairs, I look up to find my date and may I just say black suit and white dress shirt look gorgeous on him. That's right, the suit looks good on him. The suit company should pay him for making the simple outfit look so stunning. My eyes scan his body from head to toe and stop at his beautiful brown eyes. I've never seen a color more beautiful. His lips stretch out into a light smile and I can't help but smile back.

We just stand there and stare at each other like there's no tomorrow. That's until my mom clears her throat "Are you guys gonna stare at each other all night or what?"

"We're going" Shawn answers for the both of us. He takes my hand in his and helps me down the last few steps. "Mister and Missus Henderson, I'm Shawn. Thanks for allowing me to take your daughter out tonight. I will bring her back before midnight" he smiles at them. My mom returns the smile almost immediately, but Mark doesn't. He just glares at Shawn like he'd just stolen Queen Elizabeth's crown. "I'll bring her home before eleven, " Shawn says nervously once he notices Mark's eyes on him. As if waiting for that exact answer "Good boy" Mark pats him on the shoulder.

"Okay, that's it Mark. You've scared him enough already. You don't want him to run out of our house like the guys from Penelope now do we?" my mom throws her head back in laugh at the last part.

"Ma!" I pout.

"I'm sorry baby. You're not that ugly" she continues laughing and Mark and I just stare at her like she's a cat on crack.