Nowhere

After about half an hour of drive, we stop in the middle of nowhere, near some woods. "Shit" Shawn swears, before running his fingers through his hair. "What's wrong? Why did we stop" I ask, a little worried. "I think the car just broke down" he replies.

"Haha that's not funny. You're joking right?... You're not joking? Oh damn" I say a little freaked out about being stuck in nowhere. I looked out the window and it's pitch-black, no civilization to be seen.

We both get out of the car to search for people, or anything in this case to help us. Like some cars coming out way.

There's nothing, nobody.

"Let's call an Uber and everything will be fine" I suggest.

"Great idea" Shawn takes out his phone and unlocks it. "Great" he murmurs. "What now?" I ask. "I don't have a service" he responds. "Let me try calling on mine" I say.

Nope.

"I don't have any service either" I sigh. "That's just great." he huffs. "This date officially sucks. We should've went to Popeyes or stayed home and ordered in" I opine.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen" Shawn apologizes. "I know you didn't" I try to calm him when I need him to calm me down. I'm the one freaking out here.

"Hey, it's not all bad you know" Shawn claims. "How so?" I ask. "We're alone in the middle of nowhere" he widens his eyes like I'm supposed to get what he means. "How is that not 'all bad'?" I ask, quoting him. "I'm alone in a car with a pretty and mysterious girl..." he raises one eyebrow.

Oh hell nah

"Are you serious right now? How could you even think of that? You're unbelievable you know that?! We're literally in the middle of nowhere with no cell service. We could die here and no one would find us for days or weeks. There could be wild animals in the woods like bears or worse wolfs that could eat us alive, and you're thinking of sex. Seriously?" I rage.

"Whoa, would you calm down! I meant talk. Jesus. We down know each other that much, we've only communicated through text. What I meant to say is we could talk to each other and get to know each other better." he explains.

Oops. I mentally slap myself.

"I'm sorry, it sounded like... You know what forget what is sounded like." I apologize and an awkward silence follows.

"So... Do you wanna talk?" Shawn asks, breaking the silence.

"Yeah I guess. What do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know. Let's play a game like twenty one questions"  he suggests.

"Like the one we played over the text?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah only better. We get to see each other's reactions and facial expressions this time." he says, excitedly. "Ok" I suggest he starts first.

"Ok. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?" he asks with a smirk.

"The most embarrassing moment of me life. Hmm. Ok, there was this one time, some students and I were on stage, performing a dance in front of all our teachers and school mates. Two thousand and four hundred people to be exact. The dance was fun and all until this one girl got so close to me and stepped on my foot and I fell off the stage. It was more embarrassing than painful. My turn, what is the one movie that had influenced your life the most" I ask. He's probably gonna say 'Harry Potter'.

"That would be Harry potter" he laughs.

What did I tell you?

"My turn, what is one thing you used to do as a child that you wish you could still do?" he questions.