Chick-Fill-A

I hesitantly walk over to Ezra's table. His back is currently facing the door so he doesn't see me coming. "Hey Sherwood" I great and sit across from him without bothering to look his direction.

"Hey Lily" he smiles.

"Don't call me that. Now, what's up?" I snap.

His smile fades as he realizes that I'm not here to chatter. "Do you at least want to eat first? I ordered you the spicy chicken sandwich, your favorite, and fries. You still like them right? "

"I used to like them. But that was ages ago Ezra" I roll my eyes. "plus I already had breakfast"

I feel my chest tighten as the the words leave my mouth, and the feeling in chest is followed by an an emotion I could only identify as guilt.

He deserves it I ignore the guilt that is currently making me almost sick to my stomach.

"Oh" he pauses and looks down to stare at his hands "um, well I called you because I want you to tutor me. I'll pay you"

This is a joke right? It has to be!

I look at him in disbelief "pay me? Pay me? I don't your money Ezra" I bark.

If he thinks he can just call me after six years to ask for help and I will just be cool with it, then he is dumber than I thought he was. I'm not obligated to do anything for him. He's not my friend, hell he's not even someone I say 'hi' to in the halls or smile at.

This must be one of dumb pranks to getting girls fall for him after betting with his friends that he could make any girl fall for him. Yep, Ezra and his friends would do that to girls and I didn't appreciate being a subject to their bet.

"I'm sorry. I'll do anything you want. I'll be your slave for the rest of high school if you want me to. Just please" he practically begs.

"I don't want anything from you Ezra" I simply say without a single emotion in my eyes.

"I need a tutor Lilith. I need you" he cries, grabbing the attention of some of the people eating breakfast around our table.

Does he really think he can throw those Tumblr quotes at me and I'll do as he asks? He must think I'm so stupid. Or he must be dumb. Probably the latter.

"You really expect me to buy that shit? You think you can just come to my life and say that you need me and I'll drop everything to run after you? I have a life Ezra," I yell, grabbing more people's attention but I didn't care "I life that you haven't been a part of in six years."

"I know that, but I'm begging you. I know we haven't talked for a very long time, but yesterday.. You.. You talked to me like actual talk. It was few words but still" he puts his arms on the table and leans towards me.

"I literally told you to fuck off. I spit. "and you think that we somehow bonded? You're losing your mind Ezra. I strongly recommend you see a doctor."

"That's not the point Lilith, don't you see?" he stares at me, all hopeful, like I'm supposed to see whatever he wants me to see.

"See what?"

"You acknowledged my existence for once." he points out. "I mean you actually fought with me, which means that you're not as mad at me."

"I don't know if you know this or not,  but fighting is not a good thing. People that hate each other." I shake my head at his stupid attempt at making the five minutes from yesterday before class sound like an exciting reunion.

"You don't hate Lilith" he proudly says, like he knows he's right.

The confidence in his voice irritates me.