Scrambled Eggs

I couldn't sleep after Ezra's text so I decide to go to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

I walk past Jason on the couch, who's still asleep. Once in the kitchen, I open the fridge and take out two... Three eggs and make myself scrambled eggs with tomatoes.

"Mm that smells so delicious. Can I have some?" Jason walks into the kitchen.

"Of course not. Make your own Mate." I roll my eyes.

"Okay. I'll make my own dude." he mimics in the same tone.

"Dude isn't even that American." I roll my eyes at him, the second time in the past two minutes.

Well that's  a record.

I grab my plate and hop on the counter to eat. "Get me some orange juice." I demand, too lazy to get it myself.

He surprises me by doing just as told. "Here" he hands me a cup of orange juice.

"Thanks" I give him a suspicious look. "Why are you being nice?"

"I'm always nice, you just don't see it.. And I'm in a good mood because I just woke up."

"That makes sense. So why did you sleep on the couch? I don't mind you suffering from lack of comfort, but why?" I ask, stuffing my face with my scrambled eggs.

"I was watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians" he begins "Then.. Then I woke up to the smell of your delicious eggs. I don't remember falling asleep. I've been poisoned." he widens his eyes and sighs deeply.

I shake my head at his overly dramatic tone "So you weren't waiting to see what time I came back home?"

He hesitates, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand "Who? Me? Nope. Why would I do that?... So what time did you come back."

"Around midnight." I inform and watch him sigh in relief.

I watch Jason as he makes himself scrambled eggs, without the tomatoes. It's so cute and adorable to watch him cook.

Did I just call Jason 'cute'? I need to start taking my vitamins.

Surprisingly, he knows what he's doing. He cooks neatly and cleans after himself. After our so called breakfast, we both go to the living room to watch some random reality shows. We somehow end up watching the Maury Show. I love the drama, so I don't complain.

We watch the Maury Show for some time until we get bored of it. We end up talking about our future plans. There really is no point of us having this conversation because I already know his future plans and he knows mine. We've talked about it so much, that I know his ideal job, his ideal car, his ideal wife, and how many kids he wants to have, but it never gets boring. I love hanging out with him, when he's not creepily hitting on me of course.

"So what are your plans for today?" he randomly asks.

"Oh. I'm seeing Ezra." I blurt out before catching myself.

Shit.

"Ezra?.. Wait, Ezra Sherwood?" he exclaims.

"Yeah" I say, already regretting mentioning it to him.

He has all the right to be mad at him.
I should be more mad at Ezra.

"You can't be serious" he shakes his head in disbelief.

"I know. I know. It's just a meet-up. He needs help with school stuff." I assure him.

"Lily, the guy broke your heart into pieces. Now I don't know if you remember this, but I remember you crying your soul out and feeling worthless after he ended your friendship and I-" I cut him off by hugging him as tight as I possibly can. He hugs me back even tighter, taking a deep breath and releasing it back.