Friday

(Sorry for not updating for a while. I've been busy with school, but I'll start updating again. I added the cast for the story so you guys can visualize the characters when reading the story. They're under 'cast' go check them out. I'll start putting the characters pictures up as well in the next few chapters, like now)

.....

My alarm goes off, making the most irritating noise in the whole wide world. "Ugh. Why" I groan into my pillow. I look at the time, it's 5:20 A.M.

Oh hell no.

I reset my alarm at 6 A.M. and go back to sleep. After what seems like five minutes, my alarm goes off once again. I lazily sit up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower.

Life shouldn't be this hard.

After brushing my teeth and the ten-minute shower, I go straight to my closet to pick my outfit for the day. I wear a light pink dress that I don't even remember buying, with my denim jacket and white sneakers. I look at myself in the mirror and shockingly admire my reflection. I actually look nice for someone that had three hours of sleep last night. I stayed up until 3 in the morning writing my English essay. I had two weeks to do it, but me being my-lazy-self, decided to wait until the final day. I procrastinate a lot and by "a lot" I mean a lot, I still have no idea how I have straight A's because I'm obviously not a good student and I never study.

I have four and only four priorities in life: eat, watch tv, spend time on social media, and getting good grades in school so I get into a good college. My priorities may seem boring and even a little cliché, but they are mine and I somehow manage to achieve them.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and open the door to go to the kitchen. I'm welcomed by a smell of something burning as soon as I open the door. The door was the only thing keeping the smell out of my room.

I head over to the kitchen and the smell gets worse and stronger as I get closer. I see my mom cooking eggs or what used to be eggs in this case. "Mom, you're the worst cook in the world. " I politely tell her and she rolls her eyes. "I tried to cook eggs but they... They got burned. I followed the instructions carefully." She makes a moue. I almost feel bad for her. I try to be sincere for a second, but I can't. I can't help but laugh at how she is starting at the burned eggs in the pan, like a mother grieving her only child. "You're so mean," she grumbles.

I know it's mean to laugh at her because she really is trying to learn how to cook. She downloaded over a hundred recipes online and the kitchen has been her playground lately. In my defense, she should know to cook by now. She's a mother to a seventeen-year-old for god sake. My stepdad, Mark, has been the chef in the house ever since they got married and before that... Before that, we use to eat out.

"Just give up, woman." I tell her. She really should. She's using a recipe to cook eggs for god sake. "Give up? What? What are you talking about? I'm getting better, I know it and I raised you better than this. You don't go around and tell people to give up on something they feel passionate about." She proud says with a roll of eyes. "You technically didn't raise me, Mark did." I tell, with a stick of a tongue. "True" she laughs and I join her. "And passionate where?" I laugh even more. She seriously needs to stop. "Go to school" she shakes her head. "Gladly." I tell her, before grabbing my backpack and leaving for school.

I arrive at school at 7:40 with only five minutes to get out of the parking lot and get to my class, which just happens to be on the other side of the building. I close my door and walk to my class calmly. There's no need to rush, I'm gonna be late no matter so I might as well take my time and enjoy the walk.