"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn commented.

"So what the hell are we gonna do with him?" I asked.

Brilliant plan so far. Save a boy whom we now need to feed and care for, yet he could kill us all in our sleep. But sure, let's be civilized and save his life despite him attacking members of our group.

"We repaired his calf muscle best we can. But he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet at least a week." Hershel said.

"When he is, we give him a canteen and take him on the main road. Send him on his way." Rick added.

Save him, heal him, send him to his death? That sounds like a wonderful idea, not. We'd be wasting medicine, food and water for a person who a) wouldn't be of any use if he wasn't with us and b) would probably die left on his own.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asked at the same time Daryl entered the room.

He glanced at me and nodded. I bit my lip remembering this morning and nodded back. Ryan frowned at us from across the room.

He was the only one who noticed the exchange between us. He seemed confused but he let it go almost immediately.

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick replied.

"Just gonna let him go? He knows where we are." Shane protested.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here. He's not a threat." Rick said.

I highly disagree with that. Any person with a simple knife in their hand can turn into a threat. Sometimes the people closest to you, not to mention strangers that have already tried to kill you.

"How many of theirs have you killed? You took one of them hostage but they just ain't gonna come looking for us?" Shane questioned.

"They left him for dead. No one's looking." Rick argued.

"We should still post a guard." T-dog said.

Now that sounds like a good idea. We should at least take some precautions. And kill him in his sleep, too. Though I doubt anyone will agree with that suggestion. Well, maybe Shane would.

"He's out cold right now. Will be for hours." Hershel said.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy. Look at this folks, we're back in fantasy land." Shane snapped.

I get why he's mad but Rick doesn't have the guts to kill. He's holding on to his humanity for as long as he can. I admire that but I can't do the same as him. Best I can do is follow his orders and not overstep my place.

"We still haven't even dealt with what you've done with my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all. This is my farm. I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor, keep your mouth shut." Hershel warned Shane.

Honestly, he'd be doing all of us a favor if he kicked Shane out. The man was slowly losing his grip. He was a shell of the man that he used to be back at camp. I guess Rick's arrival impacted that.