Till Death Do Us Part

Bonnie was angry. Her boots thumped loudly against the expensive floor, while her breath was coming out in furious huffs.

"EERIKA," the red-faced witch screamed.

The Cailleach strolled out of her room, before smiling at Bonnie joyfully. "Why are you so angry?"

Without a word, the Bennett thrusted a bag towards the other girl. "You ruined my makeup!"

Eerika curiously peeked in the purple pouch and bit her lip to hide a triumphant smirk. The powders and eyeshadow palettes were smashed into dust, while the rest was melted and smeared in the containers. "Sorry," she apologized. "It all looked too pretty to resist; I just had to play with it."

Bonnie simply frowned in annoyance. "This was expensive! Like, really expensive!"

Eerika nodded her head in understanding. "Money can not buy happiness," she stated wisely.

Bonnie scoffed. "Really? Because my limited edition Dark Rose lipstick sure made me happy!"

Eerika hummed before pulling a flower out of the antique vase that was displayed behind her. "A rose to replace your rose," she presented proudly, gently holding the delicate plant out towards the younger witch.

Bonnie huffed, pushing the snickering girl's hand away. "Ria, how is this amusing to you?"

"It just is," she shrugged. "I will give you money in exchange for your face-covering powders and waxes. How much do I owe you?"

"$338.54!"

Eerika blinked at her. "Wow, that's specific, but okay. Come on, the money's in my bag."

The two girls walked calmly through the manner.

"You don't even need makeup," Eerika grumbled, shaking her head.

Bonnie simply rolled her eyes, while an amused smile graced her lips.

Bonnie had been there for a while now, three months to be exact. The first month was hell. First, there was the obvious denial and rejection of the Bennett's new living arrangements. Bonnie certainly did not just give into staying in a house full of "psychotic killers". That resulted in a big argument between the two witches, and obviously Eerika won; Eerika always won.

Then, there was the expected displeasure from Bonnie's friends and parent. The Elena-Squad had argued fiercely, but when Eerika stated her piece and swore that she could protect the Bennett better than any of them could, they grudgingly gave in.

Bonnie's father was another story. Eerika ended up compelling the man, while Bonnie fumed and spat rude things at the Cailleach. Eerika simply stated that Bonnie was in danger, and if she chose to stay with her defenseless dad, then he would be too. That instantly shut Bonnie up.

In addition, there was, of course, the Mikaelsons' hostility towards the mortal. Eerika's family made their resentment clear to the girl, which resulted in defensiveness from Bonnie and many, many threats from the vampires.

The drama settled down after the first month, and Bonnie and Eerika became semi-close. They were not best friends, but they were friends.

"Here's you're money," Eerika grinned, handing Bonnie four hundreds.

"Thank you."

The two girls plopped down on Eerika's bed.

"You never told me who Nathaniel is."

"He's my husband, or was. It's a bit complicated, I suppose. Till death do us part, right?"

"You know what I mean," Bonnie sighed.

Eerika released a withering breath. "He was a sadistic man, quite broken, really. He was...very angry. His heart was black, dark and shriveled. His life was about money, you know. Hell, he bought a wife with money, not love." Eerika's eyes were clouded with memories, while she spoke in a hushed voice. Not out of secrecy, of course, more so out of fear that if she spoke of the past too loud, then it would come alive again.

"Did you ever have kids," Bonnie questioned.

Eerika's breath hitched, while a lump formed in her throat.

"Wh-Why would you ask something like that," she breathed.

Bonnie bit her lip, as she heard the despair in the Cailleach's tone. "You were married for two years; I just..nevermind, it's okay if you don't want to answer, but I know it just makes it worse to bottle it up."

Silence surrounded the room.

"Almost," the immortal choked. "I was pregnant with a boy; I just knew it was a baby boy." Tears slid down her cheeks, as her arms draped over her stomach. "And that twisted man took him from me; he stole the life of my child, my light. God, I hate that wretched man. No, I hate that wretched boy." Her voice faded into silent sobs.

Bonnie's heart wrenched at the pain that was present on the immortal's features. With determination, she pulled the heartbroken Mikaelson into a hug, letting her cry away the misery. After the sobbing had died down, Bonnie spoke. "What were you going to name him?"

Eerika looked at Bonnie in confusion.

"Your son," Bonnie clarified.

Eerika smiled wistfully. "I would of named him Eilam." Eerika laughed lightly, "Eilam means immortal...quite ironic, is it not?"

She sighed tiredly. "Nathaniel loved money, power. When I was fifteen, he had one of his warlock friends do a spell for him. He burned the symbol into my neck, forming a magical connection. It is used to siphon magic from a witch and give it to a regular human being. That's why you are becoming weaker."

"But I thought magical connections helped."

"There's always more to a story than just the first chapter," Eerika shrugged.

"How do we stop it," Bonnie muttered, rightfully uncomfortable with someone sucking the magic from her body.

"Well, we've been trying to find a way these last few months."

"You're so powerful; why can't you just break the connection?"

"Even I have my limits."

"How did you stop it?"

Eerika looked away from the expectant witch. Licking her lips nervously, she responded, "I died."

Bonnie gulped, "I don't understand."

"Magic comes from the heart, and when my heart stopped beating, my magic temporarily died. That stopped the connection."

"So that's why witches and wizards loose their magic after they turn."

Eerika nodded. "Either you die," she began, "or Nathaniel does."

"How do we kill him?"

"We need a hunter."

Thank you for all of the support, beautiful people!!☮☮💙 Lollies for everyone!!🍭🍭🍭