50 - Yoü & I + lexa

"This time I'm not leaving without you

"This time I'm not leaving without you. He said, sit back down where you belong, in the corner of my bar with your high heels on."

SEASON 3

Polis was not what it used to be, you sensed it in the ways that people looked at you. It was the Sky Crew's arrival that changed everything, it even changed the Commander herself. She even wanted to see you.

You hadn't seen her since she was taken to Polis to train with the other nightbloods. You had kissed her forehead - just between her eyebrows - as a parting gift. Sometimes when you were alone you swore that kiss lingered on your lips, and even occasionally you could feel her lips on your knuckles.

But now you were here, you had just grown up but Lexa she was the Commander. She was the single most important person to the Coalition but she has always been that to you.

The Tower loomed over you and you gulped, a mixture of fear and dread. Would Lexa still feel the same way as she did all those years ago? You prayed the answer was yes.

Your steps echoed on the metal beneath you as you entered along with a man Lexa sent to accompany you, "I didn't think to ask your name."

The man didn't smile even though he almost wanted to, no other person had ever bothered to ask, "Titus."

"Nice to meet you, Titus." You smiled as he motioned for you to enter the lift, you happily obliged.

Titus normally wasn't a talker but he saw the happiness in you and he hadn't seen that emotion in a long time, "The Commander cares deeply for you."

You didn't reply at first, only slightly biting your lip and feeling a slight rush of blood to your cheeks, "I care for her, I am glad she has you. I have heard so many good things about you,"

The elevator started to rise and you started to get a bit restless, you were constantly scrunching your hand into fists, "Is she okay?" You asked quickly, the question bursting out of you, "I mean is she different? From before the Conclave?"

You knew Titus wouldn't be exactly honest with you, he looked at you and replied with a tone that made it sound true, "The spirit of the Commander is there, but so is the girl."

The doors opened but the air around you still felt hot, your palms were still sticky and your breath coming out unevenly. Not only had you never been to Polis before, never seen anything of this scale, but you were going to see Lexa.

Titus let you get out first and he followed before taking the lead down the hallway. You willed your feet to follow each other but they were stiff and echoed around the top floor of the building.

Not knowing what to expect, Titus stopped by another double door. It was almost as if Lexa wanted the tension and anticipation to consume you, he knocked on the door which was guarded by a man and a women. They were stern faced as they observed you, you tried to smile but ended up staring at your feet, feeling quite different from everybody around you.

"Enter." A voice commanded, you knew it had to be Lexa but the wall muffled the sound and years of being apart must have changed her.

The two guards opened the door out and you hesitated for a second before looking up into the room. The sight of Lexa took your breath away, no longer was she the normal teenager girl that left the Woods Clan those years ago, she was Heda.

Fabric was draped around her body armour that also stretched onto the chair itself, you're first thoughts were about how she looked like a goddess. You slowly walked in further until you were only a couple paces away, no, it wasn't a Goddess. It was Lexa, but in your book that was close enough.

The detail that drew your eye was the marking between her eyebrows, where you had given her you parting kiss. Then it was her eyes and then her lips, and you just stared at her in general. In the girl who had become like a fog in your memories, now her in the flesh.

You kneeled before her and bowed your head to the floor, abiding with the traditions that have been used for years. It gave you time to compose yourself.

"Leave us." Lexa told the congregation in the room with a flick of her hand. It was something she would do even when she was younger, but before it would earn her just playful eyerolls. Now it was a command from the Commander.

The guards all obliged followed by the slamming of the door. All was silence, it made you crazy. Lexa stood up and with a brief glance up you followed suit.

"Heda Lexa." You whispered to her, it wasn't meant to be one but it came out as that nonetheless.

"Y/N." Lexa bridged the gap between you and drew her hand over your cheekbone and cheek. It surprised you, her fingertips were icy but it was a sensation you used to know well.

You put your hand over hers, your warmth was something the Commander had missed so much. You told yourself to keep it together and you tried but as you saw her smile spread to her eyes, it was hard.

"I missed you so much." Your voice was louder this time but instead it cracked with the truth of those words.

Lexa nodded her head, telling you she felt the same, "You look beautiful."

A blush came to your cheeks as she said that and Lexa moved her hand away, instead grasping yours, "You look stunning," You replied, indicating her attire, "I still cannot believe you're the Commander."

She laughed softly, "I'm still Lexa." Then she leaned forward, it was a sight you hadn't seen in so long that you had forgotten how to react but as her lips brushed yours. Your emotions regained control and you kissed her back. It wasn't like before, this time you were both maturer, and the kiss was all consuming.

Both of you pulled apart when you could taste salt, a single tear had rolled down the corner of your nose. You half laughed, half sobbed as you wiped it away. Lexa looked slightly puzzled, "Are you okay?"

"I'm just..." You searched for the words, the words to describe everything Lexa meant to you and always had, "I'm just home."