23 - Jealousy + finn

SEASON 1

"Oh my goodness, you did not do that Jasper!" You practically scream at him, you and your best friends are around the campfire, celebrating Unity Day.

"Can you believe it?" You say to Finn who is on your left, adding a laugh at the end, his face couldn't be further from yours, he does a half smile but that completely vanishes when you look back at Jasper.

"I swear I did Y/N, ask Harper." He replies with a grin on his face.

You turn around to the girl next to you, "He did, and it was hilarious." Harper says.

You take a sip of your drink, "Legendary, do you guys remember the time during school that -" You hesitate searching for the name, you look directly at Jasper, him being the guy to remember everything in your friend group, "You know, he sat behind you in English, blonde, fairly good looking?"

"Rich?" He responds, he furrows his eyebrows and lets his eye find Finns, who just stares him down, unnerving him.

"Rich! How could I forget!" You continue on, not knowing about the staring contest going on.

Stop it, Finn mouths to the goggle wearing boy.

"Anyway- do you remember the time..." You say to the rest of the group.

What? Jasper mouths to the Spacewalker.

A chorus of laughter erupts from around you as you recount the numerous pranks Rich played on the teachers.

You know what, Finn responds before turning back to look at you.

"Did you know any of us before?" You ask Finn, trying to include him in conversation, he's a year older but all the rest of the group are practically your best friends.

"Nope, of course I noticed most of you from around the Ark, I knew your names, nothing about you though." He replies, the answer kind of disappoints you, he could of lied and said he noticed you more than anybody.

"Oh okay, well we all knew about you." You say and you couldn't help but raise your eyebrows at Miller across from you, they all know what you are on about, Harper holds back a snigger.

"And what's that suppose to mean Y/N?" He asks, turning his head towards you, and for a second you fell totally under his spell, but his unfaltering voice kept you above the water, he was serious, but you weren't a serious person.

"It was always, look at this model answer by Finn Collins. Read this essay, it got full marks by Finn Collins. You were about the biggest nerd we had ever heard of." You tell him honestly, sharing a laugh with the others, but feeling a crawling sensation on your neck as if that was the worst thing you could have possibly said.

"Once, I got full marks on a test in maths, he wrote on my test by accident; "Well Done Finn!" Jasper tells everybody but immediately he regretted it after seeing Finn's iron gaze settle on him.

"I remember that, we had a laugh about that Y/N." Harper says to you and you shook your head, smiling and then you looked in the direction of Finn and your heart suddenly dropped.

"Are you alright?" You ask him, leaning over so you could have a somewhat private conversation.

"I'm fine." He replies and looks you in the eye, you can tell something is up, but you don't know him well enough; you don't press the matter.

"Okay, just checking." You give a small smile and then turn your conversation back to the others.

"Y/N would never agree to that Jasper." Monty tells him.