39 - Scars + prince roan

PRE - THE 100

WARNING; talk of parental death/illness + use of knives

The Ice Nation was home and you were extremely patriotic being a healer charged with primarily healing wounded soldiers and also giving people their mandatory face scars

Your parents and grandparents had been healers as well, jobs like these being handed down in the family. Your grandmother had given the Queen her scars, your mother had given Prince Roan his.

Your mother was just alive and quickly teaching you tricks she had learned before an infected wounds will take her life. You had to be strong but seeing your mother dying did not help your morale.

"You are almost ready." She told you as you organised your herb cupboard.

"Ready for what?" You weren't really thinking straight, not able to multitask as well as everybody else.

"Your scars." She told you and you dropped the jar in your hand, it crashed down on the floor and smashed. You swallowed some saliva in your throat and went down to the ground to pick up the pieces.

"You're of age Y/N. And I want to see you with them, my child." She smiled softly and you turned around to face her.

"I thought you would do it?" The thought of someone else doing it never crossed your mind. You didn't want anyone with a blade on your face other than your mother.

"No, if I did it then the scars would be messy and you deserve better than my hand."

"Then who will do it?" You were shaking slightly at the whole affair. You knew you would have to get them done soon, you were of age but the business talks about joining the Coalition had engrossed everybody's minds.

"I have agreed for Prince Roan to do it."

"No!" The outburst was sudden and loud, not him. Not the Prince, you spent all your days trying to avoid him as he consumed all your thoughts.

"Yes Y/N, you should be honoured he has agreed to do it. It is his way of paying back his debt to our family. My child, I want you to do this. For me."

You couldn't say no to her, not after her yelp of pain as the infection spread in her body. It had to be done the same day as you feared it would be her last.

-----------------------

The ceremony you found out was to be conducted in private. So the population of the Ice Nation would only see you with scars and not them being done.

You waited alone in the ceremony room, your mother had kissed your forehead and then left. You paced around the room in nervous circles for Roan to arrive.