41 - Mistakes + bellamy

SEASON 2

SEASON 2

"Do you want me to tell you the things that suck on the Ground?" You asked Bellamy Blake as you sat in the passenger seat of the Jeep. The bumpy ride across the terrain forcing you out of your seat occasionally.

"You're going to tell no matter what I say." He answered and he tapped his fingers on the wheel out of impatience. You didn't know this new version of Bell that well, the one the Ark was a different story. The one you dated for about a year and broke up two months before he came down here was one of the only actual human beings you understood.

You shook off his comment, if things were going to be normal down here you had to act normal "First off; I haven't seen one bear. Not one." You start off lightheartedly.

"And what would you do if you did see a bear right now then? " Bellamy however had moulded into a man that didn't really appreciate your jokes.

"Well I would probably say something along the lines of; 'Look, Bellamy a bear, isn't that funny.'," You smiled as he rolled his eyes slightly, "I'm sorry, was that not good enough for you?"

"I was just expecting a little better from you." His tone was pretty serious and you started to worry that this light conversation wasn't exactly what he wanted right now. He stared straight out of the windshield, his eyes not flickering. Neither of you would say you were in love with each other but you had begun to understand why many exs never stayed friends after they broke up. It was awkward but you cared enough for Bellamy to give it a try.

"Sorry, I'll be quiet," You said and rested your head on your arm on the window, "I just thought Earth would be different. That's all."

"What did you expect then? One huge party?" Bellamy asked and you tried not to take the spite in his voice too seriously. He was just having a bad day.

"Just different, I'm still not used to it Bellamy." Earth has changed the man next to you. It has hardened his eyes slightly, it has made him sit a little straighter all the time but most of all, Bellamy doesn't take any bullshit anymore. "It's been what a couple weeks. I have no sense of direction or scale of the Earth, hell you could drive off a cliff any second and I'd be none the wiser."

"I'm not going to drive off a cliff Y/N." Bellamy cut you off, appalled that you would think that of him, but you struggled to find much resemblance to the man you used to love. Maybe that was a good thing, you were over him and he seemed to be over you. You saw the way he was around Clarke, you could read his feelings for her like a book.

"I know, I'm just saying that this isn't..." You struggled to find the words as you shifted in your seat, pulling your legs onto the dashboard in front of you, "This isn't me. I can't just adapt to these surroundings as easily as you have. I hardly recognise you Bel."