28 - The Bet + linctavia

i asked my mom how she met my dad and she said at a college basketball game this guy got distracted and got hit by the ball and got a huge bloody nose and he came up to her after the game and said "i was distracted by you" with like blood all over his face and jersey

so i asked my dad and he said "my friend told me he'd give me 10 bucks if i asked a girl out with my broken nose and she said yes

INSPIRED BY THIS TEXTPOST

COLLEGE / UNI AU // cinnamon bun octavia from before the dropship happened.

Octavia shouted the loudest in the stands, she always did. Her group of friends around her ignored her death threats like; "You call that a pass punk!" "My grandmother could tap that better than you" "Kick some ass Bellamy"

They were all freshmen in college at one of the last basketball games of the season and Bellamy just so happened to be the captain of the squad. He could hear his sister taunts all throughout the game and tried to hide his smile at her, his team mates however, weren't exactly feeling the same.

The half time whistle went and the team collapsed onto the bench, the sound of Octavia shouting to Jasper to get her some food filled the hall they were playing in.

"That girl is something." Lincoln said to the guys as he spurted half the content of his water bottle on his shaved head.

"It's meant to go in your mouth remember?" Bellamy elbowed him drying off his face off with a towel.

"Yeah?" He looked at him with a questioning tone, before he grabbed the back of Bellamy's jersey and before anybody could say anything emptied the water down his back. Bellamy did a weird combination of a jiggle and a shake to try and free himself from his senior classmate, but he wasn't fast enough, Lincoln pulled him into a headlock and looked down at him, "Looks like you'll need a bigger towel Blake."

Lincoln smirked to himself before letting his eyes wander up to the stands, Octavia was there laughing into her red cup as she looked at the boys. She made eye contact with Lincoln and instantly turned a shade redder than their jerseys and quickly turned behind her to talk to Monty and Clarke.

"Oh my god," Octavia tried to say quietly but it came out as a shout as it always did. She cringed again into her hoodie, "I want to crawl into a hole and die."

"You've made eye contact with Lincoln, I must say, you've gotten further with him then I thought you would have." Clarke smiled at her, Octavia's long standing crush on Lincoln was common knowledge to the group, and Octavia was also 99% certain to the entire college.

"I guess I owe Jasper that 5 bucks now." Monty said as he reached into his back pocket just as Jasper sat down next to Octavia.

"Yes pay up boy." Jasper laughed as he handed Octavia a bowl of fries for them to share.

"You bet on me?" Octavia's eyes went wide, "Me and Lincoln?"

"No, you got that wrong you see," Jasper started just as the whistle blew to indicate the start of the second half, he brought the fries back to his lap, grabbed one and pointed with it at Octavia, "Monty bet that he wouldn't even acknowledge you, like he does in most games. I however, bet that he would fall madly in love with you."

Clarke leaned down inbetween them and grabbed the fry from him, "I bet you would have called him a 'lazy ass good for nothing hooker' by accident by now. I know how you confuse our players with the other team."

Jasper laughed and took himself some more food as Octavia tried to not let her eyes fall on the senior that she madly wanted to at least be able to say a word to. She didn't dwell on the past though, she took a deep breath in and focused on the game. Their team had the ball and she was in game mode, "Come on, hustle. I wanna see some effort from you guys, good looks can't win you this game!"

Lincoln heard her shouts and he shook his head and laughed under his breath, that girl is something special, he thought. But he shouldn't have thought that, because at that precise moment he thought that, the basketball collided straight with his face.

The man fell back, from the sheer force of Bellamy's pass. He sat up and as the rest of his team ran to help him, Lincoln touched his nose and his hand came back covered in blood, he gave out a sound of disbelief before saying, "Bellamy Blake you just broke my bloody nose."

LIncoln spent the rest of the game on the bench and Octavia spent the rest of the game quiet. The game ended and their team won, despite being short of their best player. The players came back to the bench, "Linc you doing good?" Bellamy asked, "I'm sorry about that."

"I'm good, must look a state." Lincoln grabbed his towel and tried to wipe off some of the blood from his jersey, "Still handsome for the ladies though."

"Yeah right." Bellamy crossed his arms, and saw his sister coming this way with her friends.

"I could." Lincoln saw his opportunity and was going to take it.

"Prove it." Bellamy said and nodded to his sister, Octavia stopped walking and looked at him and then at Lincoln, she shook her head.

"I will," Lincoln stood up and grabbed his towel, he slowly walked towards Octavia as her hands began to shake slightly, "Octavia," He called to her and she felt her voice leave her, "I gotta tell you something."

"What is it?" She asked in a normal voice, a first for her.

Lincoln was right next to her now, he smiled down at her and a drop of blood fell from his voice, "I was distracted by you." He said with a smile and Octavia had never blushed harder in her life.

halfway through exams but wrote this in half an hour so I am happy.