21 - Drag Me Down + clexa

"All these lights, they can't blind me, with your love nobody can drag me down."

SEASON 2

"Mother of God. " Clarke sprinted down the hill, her black boots carving into the dirt, her momentum driving her body's weight forward, her heart thumping.

Somebody was behind her, Grounders. But not like she knows them, they're from the Ice Nation, and they don't seem friendly. She looks around, she's disoriented, she just blindly ran. Unknown to her but her body was put on autopilot and was taking her towards camp, towards Lexa.

She could feel the beating of her heart, she could feel the wind running through her hair. Then it stopped, she had lost her footing and she tripped head first, her body collided with the ground and she rolled forward, pain shooting up her leg, Clarke held back a scream, she was stronger than that. She looked at her leg, there was a fairly deep cut on her thigh from a piece of metal in the ground that had already made her trousers turn crimson.

"Clarke." A deep whisper came from the woods besides her, she knew that voice and when the girl appeared in her warrior gear and her braids falling over her shoulders, Clarke felt a pang of happiness in her body.

"Lexa, you need to get out of here, there's warriors from the Ice Nation behind me." Clarke said, she knew she was the Commander but something in her said that her pursuers wouldn't care about names, they were in a chase.

Lexa moved towards her and crouched down, she inspected her leg, before then staring at her face and having her breath taken away like always, "Put your arm around me, let's go."

"Don't worry, I can do it by myself." Clarke doesn't want to show Lexa weakness, she took their early conversations to heart and wants to seem strong in front of her, because Lexa always is.

She starts to get up but can't manage to bring her weight up with her leg, "Take my hands," Lexa tells her, she expects her to have a sympathetic look but she doesn't, she has a determined look about her that Clarke loves. Clarke takes them without hesitation and stands up, her leg feels numb and she takes one step forward and it buckles, she falls down, but to her surprise she feels the arms of Lexa stopping her. She suddenly becomes self-conscious about her weight, "You are actually surprisingly light."

Clarke smiles through the pain, "Come on, we need to go now." She stands up again and puts her hand on Lexa's guiding it to her waist and puts hers around the Commander's shoulder, they begin to walk on, slowly but at a steady pace.

"You must be a fast runner." Lexa tells her.

"I must be, until I tripped, a stupid mistake." Clarke replies, she's beating herself up, she tripped how stupid, how idiotic. She tripped and got one of the worst injuries she's had since being sent down.

"Don't beat yourself up Clarke, these things happen, you have to let them go." Lexa tells her and moves her head so she can see Clarke, she sees her annoyance, her regret. Clarke turns her head to look at her as well and feels a tear brim in her eye, Lexa's right she always is and she, she is indebted.

"How far til camp?" Clarke asks, a lump in her throat as she looks away, seeing the trees pass and focusing on composing herself.

"It's right there," Lexa nods and in thirty seconds they are making their way into her personal tent, Clarke lets herself fall onto the wooden chair. She looks down at her wound and chokes a combination of a sob and a gag. She can deal with blood, just not her own. Lexa crouches in front of her again, putting her hand on her good leg, "Clarke, our healer isn't here, but we have all our supplies, tell me what to do."

Lexa's voice feels like a distant whisper, Clarke couldn't take her eyes off the wound, she puts her hand over it, pressing down and soon blood was dripping off all her fingers as she tries to fight the pain, that was the easiest part of everything for her.

"Clarke. Look at me." Lexa puts her hand on her chin and raises her head to look at her, "Everything is going to be okay, you're overreacting, it's deep but it isn't bad. Your mind is playing tricks on you." Lexa's calmness had now turned to concern for Clarke.

"But...it was just a stupid trip." She raises her, angry at herself.

"It couldn't be helped, it's not your fault Clarke." Lexa keeps her temper under control, she just wants Clarke to see that she could do no wrong, nothing she could do would ever be bad.

"I should have looked where I was going Lexa!" She continued to get louder, but her voice was cracking, Clarke was cracking, her wound just the tip of the iceberg for her troubles.

"Clarke, nobody's perfect we all make mistakes," Lexa grazes her hand over her cheek, "It is not your fault. Okay, not your fault, you're here now that's all that matters. I have got you." They're in silence for seconds that feels like minutes whilst Clarke tries to calm down and Lexa rubs her thumb in circular motions over her cheek, giving Clarke some comfort.

Clarke nods her head and puts her hand over Lexa's and keeps it there for a second before putting it back on her lap, she rips a strip of fabric from her t-shirt, "Tie this above the wound. I think-" she pauses, and Lexa begins to do as she is told, she pauses for a second, looking up at Clarke with wide expecting eyes, "I think it's going to be okay, it doesn't look that bad."

Lexa lets out a breath and a small laugh, sitting down in front of her, "You scared me Clarke."

"I'm sorry Lexa, I'll try not to do it again." And then Clarke's heart took over her head and she leaned her whole torso towards Lexa, she brought her hands to touch the Commander's face and let their lips connect, both of them despite the argument and Clarke's injury, both of them couldn't help but smile into the kiss they both had been craving.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE! I'm publishing this as my last one-shot of 2015,.

Also can we get this book to 28K reads by the end of today??? Come on we are 52 away!