45 - Partners + lincoln

SEASON 3 / AU - Lincoln and Octavia never had a romantic relationship just a friendship

SEASON 3 / AU - Lincoln and Octavia never had a romantic relationship just a friendship. Female Reader

You spent your days staring at the back of the Sky Crew guard, planning how you would murder him if you got the chance but something stopped you and that was Lincoln.

The man you spent your days with was like your conscious when it came to Sky People, you wish you could have his trusting nature but you weren't graced with it. So he had enough for the both of you.

"What do you call yourself now Lincoln?" You asked him, you had refused to learn English ever since you were a child and that was a long time ago now so you spoke Trigasleng. But you had learnt a couple of phrases and words over time, you were just too dead set to tell Lincoln, "Are we imprisoned with a Sky Crew?"

You watched as the Guards looked behind their shoulders at you, they were used to not understanding what you said when you spoke with Lincoln, but they recognised their Grounder name.

"If I was, that makes you one too." Lincoln replied and you leant back on your seat against the wall.

"So I say you're still Tree Crew." You told him with a small smile on your lips but you knew the importance Lincoln held in this place where you were both imprisoned. You thought highly of the warrior and you had reason to, he has saved your life when you were reckless many times and he never failed to remind you.

You were sick when you came into Arkadia, Lincoln had carried you in as you sweated in your feverous state along with a couple others from you and Lincoln's village. He wasn't carrying you though because you were too weak (you believed you could have walked if you wanted but Lincoln could see you putting up a brave face for him), no, you had to be carried because you didn't want to be anywhere near Sky People.

----

Awakening in the medical ward of Mt Weather was the single most terrifying thing in the world to you, even you and Lincoln's run in with Reapers didn't come close. The starking clean white and grey metal around you was too harsh on your eyes. It made you feel even sicker than you already were.

What also scared you were the Sky People around the room, tending to more of your people in beds to your left and right. You went with your first instinct, to get away from these people. You began to naively remove the Drip from your arm, it was foreign to you and tried to get off the bed. You felt lightheaded but more annoyed as a young doctor pulled you back.

You were glad it was him, Lincoln had told you their names as you travelled to Arkadia. It must be Jackson and he did look genuinely concerned for your wellbeing. But then as you saw Abby your whole mood dropped. You had heard about her from Lincoln and were no way letting her anywhere near you.

"Get Lincoln." Abby ordered Jackson but as soon as you heard his name, you went into a panic. You searched the whole room with your eyes for him and saw no trace.

"Lincoln! Lincoln!" You called his name and Abby put her hand on your shoulder to push you down but you were easily stronger than her and swung your legs clumsily out of the bed. You began to stand but your legs were weak from laying down so long and you started to fall but a hand wrapped around you. You didn't need to see the face to know who it was, you have felt that arm around you too many times to count.

Lincoln guided you back to your bed, much to your disappointment. When you were lying down again you punched him in the arm, "That is for leaving me here with Sky Crew, leaving me with her." You nodded to Abby and could see the frown form on her face. But you disregarded it and wrapped your own arms around Lincoln in a strong hug, "And that's because I love you."

---

"Do you know their names?" You asked Lincoln. One of them had caught your eye and Lincoln could see it but he didn't't know just what to think of it, he knew your ways. Knew that you wanted something different than romance from the man.

"Blake." Lincoln simply said and it caused the young man to turn around.

Him and Lincoln had a conversation that looked very one-sided as you crossed your arms and Lincoln nodded to you.

The Guard said something to you but you could only understand one word, "You."

You shrugged at him but turned to Lincoln and spoke to him in Trigdasleng, "Is he worried?"

That was your goal, mind games to keep your mind active and stop you dying of boredom. Plus it felt just like the old days, the days when you and Lincoln were young and only wanted to break the rules.

Lincoln tilted his head at you and then back at Bellamy, "Almost, mention his sister." Lincoln replied, the words going right past Bellamy who tried to remain strong in the face of it.

"Oh Octavia," You mused and saw Bellamy flinch and put his hands through the bars to point at you and you had to admit, for a split second you were scared, but then you remembered the uniform he wore, "I like her. Still Sky Crew though."

"Do you like Octavia?" You asked your fellow villagers as you stood up, you knew all of them would be up for the trick as you had started it, they trusted both you and Lincoln. But perhaps in this moment that trust was misgiven, "Say something then all laugh."

The villagers shared looks with each other and then one of the older women said, "Octavia? I prefer him." She nodded to Bellamy and even you laughed along with them.

Meanwhile Bellamy had become more restless, his hands immediately reached for the gun at his side. Lincoln grabbed your arm and whispered, "Stop it now, you don't know what they might do to you."

"They can do anything, I don't care." You replied not knowing if it was the truth or just a lie to keep you feeling strong as you saw all of the Guards converse together.

Lincoln however knew you too well and gave you his iron gaze, "I care."

You saw a man enter the room, Pike, although you didn't even think that he was somebody of note. You saw the opportunity and pointed at him with an outstretched arm and asked everybody, "And him?"

"I've seen prettier Reapers." The same women said and you chuckled staring straight at Lincoln who shook his head.

Pike now addressed Lincoln and you heard every word he said, even though you could only understand one, "Better keep your little girlfriend under control Lincoln."

Lincoln only replied with a little grin and a sideways glance at you, he knew you could speak a little English, he knew you so well.

So you walked forward until you were completely against the bars staring at Pike, you could tell by a little glint in his eyes that he didn't know what to think about you. But you knew exactly what impression to give him as you replied to him in almost perfect English,

"I'm his wife."