18 - How to be a Heartbreaker + raven

AU

Rule #1: You gotta have fun.

Raven had fun, goodness, did she have fun. You and her were the dream team, clubbing, drinking and boyfriends and one night stands. That was your kind of fun.

But there was something different, you both could have anybody you wanted with a little effort. You both did have numerous people that you wanted. It was a casual thing, no worries. But the one thing you craved more than anything; each other.

Yet you both feared it would change your friendship, the cliché of it killed you. But being able to just see Raven and talk about the plans for tonight or what you did last night kept you going, having fun was the only thing that kept you going.

Rule #2: Don't get attached to somebody you could lose.

Bellamy Blake, a good kisser you have to admit but he had his eyes set on Raven. His eyes were on her whenever he needed comfort, which was often. He's sweet but craves attention. That's who you could lose Raven to, to the sex appeal, to the aura of mystery and sophistication that came from a downtown boy.

You are a downtown girl that can't  offer much in the way of mystery, you can offer love and compassion but that doesn't seem to be Raven's thing. She's too much like you. You crave things no partner could give to you, yet Raven would give you it all and more. But you have already broken the second rule.

Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek.

You're not going to tell Raven, of course not yet. Your heart was there, on your cheek, if she ever wanted to take it.

Her's hidden deep within. Nobody has touched it, not since her parents moved out of town and left a struggling 18 year old with only her best friend of 19 years with her. Not disowned, just lonely. That was five years ago, you met her just two years before that.

You can't remember if you ever came out of the closet with her. You had the confidence when you were 16 to open the door. You lost people, you gained people; You lost your mother's approval and subsequently your parents marriage.

But it was clear to anybody, especially Bellamy and Jasper, the somewhat male versions of you and Raven. That you had a thing for her, adding to the cliché cringe you had whenever you looked at her. Your friend group is the best, the ten of you were all the same yet managed to be slightly different. They were the ones that kept you going.

Rule #4: You gotta be looking pure.

That's you alright. The purest angel to ever grace the Earth.

-----

"Raven, where on earth are you?" You say into your phone, it's Sunday afternoon after both of yours Saturday night out and you have no idea who she went home with.

"I'm at Bellamy's." She answers groggily.

"Then I'm coming over, I'll pick up Jasper on the way." You respond and end the call right away giving her no chance to say 'no'.

Jasper lives in the same building as you but on the lower floor. You open his door with your key and are greeted with the smell of ladies perfume, and a lot of it.

"You know Octavia, your brother won't be very pleased with your choice of men." You say as you enter and see Octavia lying on the sofa with a crop top, jeans and last nights heels on.

"What he don't know won't kill him. Plus Jasper is one fine man." She winks at you and you lazily punch her on the shoulder.

"You got that right, but now I need you both to come and help sort Raven out." You smile as you sit next to the girl, your friends remind you of Glee; everybody has slept with everybody, but everybody is cool with that.

"Ahhh, Y/N nice to see you, had a nice evening?" Jasper comes in with jeans on and no shirt trying to shake his wet hair with a towel.

"I guess; tourist," You reply and leave it at that, "but it's Raven, she spent the night with Bellamy."

"Your point being? That happens all the time." Jasper says as he gets out a glass and fills it with orange juice.

"Exactly, look remember when we all got to know each other, we promised we would never use each other. Well I think Raven likes Bellamy as more than a Saturday night, but I'm scared for her that he doesn't feel the same." You honestly tell them your biggest fear in life.

"Y/N, we know you're in love with Raven." Octavia smiles at you and puts her hand on your knee. You blush insanely hard, something in you had always known that all your friends could see your love. But now it was confirmed and you were doing a sort of strange grin of insanity.

"We all know, you aren't exactly the best at hiding your love." Jasper grins and hands you his orange juice, you painfully gulp down most of it before giving it to O.

"Come on Y/N, let's go save her from my brother."

-----

"Clarke? Murphy? Monty?" You say as you enter Bellamy's huge penthouse, it was a huge hanging out place for you and your 'squad' but normally everybody is included when you meet up.

"Octavia texted us and said you're finally going to tell Raven how you feel." Clarke explains feeding herself grapes. She throws one towards Monty and he catches it in his mouth.

"We wouldn't miss that for the world, Y/N." He smiles at you and your body relaxes, the majority of your closest friends are here and your ready for this.

Raven walks down the spiralling staircase into the open plan downstairs, "So any reason everybody is here?" She looks at you all.

Everyone's gazes' turn to you, "Raven..."

"Yes?"

"They're here because I love you."

Silence.

"About time!" She jumps straight at you and hugs the life out of you before pecking your lips.

"What do you mean 'about time'!" You shout at her in a playful tone, it's all too much to take in.

"I was waiting for you to say it." She tells you as the hug dissolves.

Your face is turned into a look of utter shock, "Wait couldn't you have just confessed your love instead of me?"

"Yes... but that is so cliché. I wanted to see if you really did, because I'm a mean girl like that." She teases.

"Well I still love this mean girl."