The day after

John woke up with a sigh because his sleep was robbed by loud noises from the other room. He supportet Lafayette and Hercules' relationship fully but he didn't know if he could survive this if it would happen constantly. He heard a groan from the other side of the room. John sat up and saw that Alex was working on his laptop. He was rubbing his temples. It looked like he didn't get much sleep either. John focused on Alex's deep features that were lit up by the screen light. He just wanted to tangle his fingers into the fluffy hair and give him kisses all over. His cheeks were glowing red and his heartbeat got faster when Alex put some of his hair behind his ear. He felt like it was just the two of them in a small bubble where no one would judge them. John stood up and sat down next to Alex on his bed. "Good morning." He said in a sleepy manner and leaned on Alex's shoulder. "What are ya working on?" John asked and rubbed his eye. He felt Alex tense under his touch but that didn't bother him at all.

"Just something that Burr asked me to do." Alex said and looked down onto his shoulder where the mess of curls of John was. He smiled a bit and continued typing. "Did you sleep? Because I couldn't." Alex played with his toes so they wouldn't fall asleep since he was in this position for quite some time now.

"Not really, no." John laughed and watched Alex's fingers which hovered above the keyboard. "I'm glad that they finally got together. It was a real pain playing cupid all the freaking time. But I hope they tone it down a notch or I'll be sleep deprived in no time." He smiled at Alex's deep laughter and wished they could sit there forever just like this. John felt the need to take advantage of this moment, but how? He began feeling nervous and put his hair in a ponytail so that his curls weren't dangling in his face. "Alex, there is something I want to tell you." He hesitated when he saw how Alex abruptly stopped typing. Did he know? His anxiety welled up inside of him and he was suddenly regretting that he said anything at all. 'Come on you can do this! You've done it before and most of the reactions were good.' He thought to himself. 'What am I thinking? We have gay friends then he won't judge me!' John took a deep breath and just blurted it out.

Alexander chuckled a bit and rubbed John's back. "It was kind of obvious." He told John with a smile on his face. "But hey, I'm cool with that! You should maybe know that I'm bisexual."

John's face lit up. He had a chance! He had to contain his happyness tough so Alex wouldn't find out about his feelings. He was still close to Alex when the door opened and the two lovebirds from next door came inside.

"Well what do we have here?" Hercules smirked at John and Alex who jumped apart at the sudden voice of Hercules. John held his hand over his eyes because the light from the living room was very bright. "We couldn't sleep because of you two! It was torture." Hercules laughed and walked into the room and opened the windows to let some fresh air inside. "Well, I was interupting something here as I see. Lafayette and me will leave in about ten minutes so you'll have the flat to yourselfs." He winked at John which hid his face behind his hands. "Just get out!" He shouted and threw his pillow towards the door. Hercules dodged and closed the door. John sighed and stood up to stretch. His shirt slightly pulled up and he looked behind himself to see Alex glancing at him. John's cheeks burned red and he grabbed his clothes and went into the bathroom.

Alex shut his laptop after the door to the bathroom closed. "I did it." He whispered to himself and put on his clothes for work. He simply couldn't believe that he just came out to his best friend. It was like a big weight fell off his shoulders. He grabbed some books from his shelf and put them in his bag. Alex made some breakfast for him and John while he was still in the bathroom. Lafayette and Hercules left the flat quickly. Alex was reading the newspaper but his thoughts kept drifting off to John. 'Wait, why am I thinking about him when I have a beautiful girlfriend? Focus Alex!' He thought to himself and ate some of the strawberries on his plate.

Sorry for the little shortness of this chapter but I still hope you liked it:3 Have a great day/night! Stay safe~