Operation K.I.L.L. [Chapter 17]

Start from the beginning

I nodded and walked over to Lily's bedside. I took her hand into mine, and brushed some of her blonde hair out of her face.

If we were in scenery and without the bandages, I would say that Lily was only sleeping. But we were in a hospital and there was a ton of bandages covering the back of Lily's head.

I looked up in Dan's direction and whispered, "What happened?"

Dan wiped the few tears that were falling away and took a seat. "It happened after he fell. I pulled her back up, and I knew we needed to get away and that it would take too long to go out the way that we came. There was a window near by, so I opened it and looked down. It was high obviously, but there were plenty of places to put our feet and to land. So dumb ass me thought it would be a good idea to climb down the side of the building." Dan sighed and shook his head as he looked at Lily. None of us knew what to say, but Dan kept going, "I was going to go first incase she fell, but I heard someone coming and wanted to make sure if anything she would get away. So she went out first. We made it about three fourths ( ¾ ) of the way down. But then... She lost her footing or something. I don't know... She fell. She ended up falling on someone. It broke most of her fall, but she hit her head and the doctors..." A few fresh tears started to fall down Dan's face. "They said that she's in a coma. They don't think it will be a long one. They think she will recover. But they can't be positive with these things." He buried his face in his hands.

I got up off the ground and made my way over to Dan. I pulled him into a hug while I rubbed his back, "Shh... Don't worry. Don't beat yourself up. It's not your fault." I said.

"But it is." He mumbled.

"No. It's not. You couldn't have done anything to stop it. No matter how many things you may come up with in your mind that tell you otherwise, you wouldn't have been able to change it. Everything happens for a reason. Everything will turn out good in the end." Tears were now starting to form in my own eyes, but I quickly blinked them away before anyone could see.

Just then a random voice spoke, "Excuse me, who may I ask are all of you?" The person definitely had a heavy French accent. I turned around to see a doctor standing in the door way.

"Fiancé," I pointed at Dan remembering our covers, "teacher," I pointed to Chad, "best friend," I pointed at myself, "and...douche." I said pointing at Logan. Logan glared at me and I smirked in response.

"Shower?" The doctor asked confused. [a/n; doucher means 'to shower' in French]

I laughed, "That's not what I meant... But it works."

The doctor just shook it off and looked at his clipboard, "We just need a few last minute details. Um.. It says that Lily here... Fell off of a building?" He looked up from his clipboard giving us a weird look.

"Yeah, I had just asked her to marry me and I gave her the ring... She ended up throwing it by mistake, she was so excited..." Dan rolled his eyes like he was remembering something funny yet stupid at the same time, "It landed on one of the window sills so she went to get it... And yeah..." Dan took one of Lily's hands into his own and started rubbing it.

"Okay? Well, I need to go right now, but I'll be back to check on her later." The doctor wrote a few things on his clipboard and checked her heart monitor before he left.

Once the doctor was gone, Chad spoke up, "I'm going to get something to drink Anyone want anything?" When no one said anything he said, "Alright, four coffees it is then. Christina, want to help me?"

I was going to say no, but I realized that he wanted to talk to me, "Yeah. One second." I got up from my position on the ground and walked with Chad out of the room.

As we were walking down to the cafeteria Chad said, "So, what was that about?"

I knew what he was talking about. My advice to Dan, but I didn't want to talk about it. Instead I said, "Huh?"

He stopped walking and pushed me against the wall. Now I was forced to look straight into his eyes. He sighed, "Don't play dumb with me. What was with the advice you gave Dan? I saw your eyes tear up."

"It was nothing." I said, never letting my eyes leave his.

"Obviously it was something. Secrets are exactly what make people mess up, especially when you're working on a team. Tell me." His voice was semi-hard, but when he said 'tell me' it was more of a plead. I saw concern fill his eyes.

"I don't want your fucking pity. Can we just get the drinks?" I slid out from underneath his grip and kept walking.

We didn't say anything for the rest of the walk to or from the cafeteria. And I was grateful when we were back in the room with the others. It was beyond awkward with Chad now, and it was all my fault. But there is no way that I'm talking about it.

I handed one of the coffees in my hand to Dan and took a seat on the radiator near him. I looked out of the window behind me and noticed that it was now dark. How long have we been here?

I leaned against the window and got comfortable. It looked like we were going to be here for awhile...

My eyes found the clock and I saw that it was 11:00pm. No wonder I was tired, I've been up for since 5:30am...

I was thinking about that thing that I did not want to tell Chad, when darkness started to engulf me.

******

The ground was moving. Why was the ground moving?

My eyes fluttered open to reveal that Chad was carrying me up the hotel stairs.

"What are you doing? I wanted to stay with Lily." I whispered, to asleep still to talk.

"And sleep against the window? Don't think so. We can go see her again when you wake up." He replied just as softly.

How he managed to open the door to my suite while carrying me, will remain a mystery, But he did. He also opened my room door and pulled back the covers on my bed.

As he gently placed me on the bed I said, "Wait."

He was in the process of walking out the door, but he turned around, "What?"

"You want to know?" I asked. I didn't have to elaborate on what I was thinking. He knew that I was talking about what he had wanted to know in the hospital. About the advice I had given Dan.

*********************************

Alright, here ya go :D

You guys will learn more about christina's past in the next chapter (:

Vote/comment/fan, as always (: