Operation K.I.L.L. [Chapter 16]

Operation K.I.L.L.

Chapter 16

***RECAP***

"Want to watch our work?" Chad asked. We were now standing on the ground floor by the elevator.

"Why not?" I smiled at the thought.

**************

Chad pulled open the elevator door so we could peer up and watch what was happening.

For the first few minutes all we saw was darkness, but then light filled the shaft. Signaling that the door had been opened.

I could faintly hear the voices of Dan, Lily, and a heavy French accent that must be Jacque.

What happened next happened so fast that if you blinked, you would have missed it.

I saw Jacque's figure move forward and step into the elevator shaft, but as he started to fall he reached out and grabbed something. That something started to fall along with him. It turned out that that something was Lily.

I heard as Lily let out a small screech, but it was not loud enough for anyone else to hear. Hopefully

I could see that Lily was now hanging into the shaft with Jacque gripping onto her so he wouldn't continue to fall. The only thing that was stopping Lily from falling was Dan. He was holding onto her waist so she wouldn't fall.

It looked like Lily was trying to get Jacque off of her so he would fall and Dan could pull her back up to safety, but it didn't look like it was going to good.

All of a sudden I had an idea. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Dan's number. I would have shouted my idea, but I'm pretty sure someone would have heard me. That would not end well.

After a few rings Dan picked up, "Um, I'm kinda in a situation where talking on the phone isn't the best idea. Especially for Lily's sake."

"Yeah, I know. I can see you guys. Tell her to bite him. That'll make him let go." I said into the phone.

"Wow. Can't believe neither of us thought of that." Dan replied and I heard a 'though of what?' in the background.

"Bite him." Dan said, and I assumed that he was talking to Lily, so I quickly said 'bye' and hung up.

I peered up I watched the rest of the events unfold.

Lily must have taken the advice and bit him, because Jacque let out a scream and started falling. For some reason I pictured that falling down an elevator shaft would take a lot longer.

But it didn't.

It took less than a minute for Jacque to fall through the air and hit the bottom of the shaft, which was a floor below us.

Chad and I watched as Jacque hit the bottom with a sickening crack. His body was now in an unnatural position and there was blood seeping out of many places. One of which was his head.

I let out a small laugh. I knew I should not be enjoying this. But I was. There was no denying that I was apart of this school one hundred percent now.

"Come on, someone will have heard that, we need to go." Chad grabbed my arm and started pulling me to the door that we had entered through.

We made our way quickly, but not too quickly. That would draw to much attention and would make people suspicious.

As we exited the door the same guard was there, we walked past him and he nodded his head at us, but didn't say anything. In no time we were at the truck. As we were climbing in I heard something from the inside of the building.