Operation K.I.L.L. [Epilogue]

Operation K.I.L.L.

[Epilogue]

I sighed as I soaked up the sun. The waves were running back and forth over my feet. I looked up at the sky in amazement. Who would have ever imagined there would be purple skies? According to Scout, it’s because the sun’s rays affect the sun differently here.

“Christina! It’s time, come on!” Chad’s voice interrupted my thoughts of peace.  But I didn’t care. This was too exciting.

 I jumped up from the sand and ran to him, “Really? Already?” Our fingers intertwined as we starting running towards the gazebo.

Chad replied with a nod, even though it was mostly a rhetorical question. We both climbed up and took our places near the railing. “I feel silly talking to a gazebo.” Chad started to laugh, and I joined in, “Christina Cruz and Chad Alattore’s funeral.”

The surroundings outside started to spin and blur. I had to close my eyes because I started to get a motion sickness feeling.

Chad nudged me, “Open your eyes, we’re here.”

I did as told and looked. Just like he had said, the world had stopped spinning. Sky now replaced the scenery. My eyes fell down and I leaned over the edge of the gazebo. I gasped at the sights below.

The whole school, plus many other people I did not recognize were in an open field towards the right of the school. There were a million chairs set up for everyone to sit in.

But at the front of all this, were to caskets.  They were both open, revealing both mine and Chad’s bodies lying there. Cool and dead.

We had arrived just in time to see everyone heading up towards the front. Tear stricken faces blowing into tissues. There were three people that stood out the most to me. Lily, Dan, and Jared were hugging each other as they stepped forwards.

All of a sudden, another person came into view. She walked up to my three friends, and they embraced her. How could she be here? I was mind blown. My mother did not know that I went…or had gone…to this school.

I caught my inner babble. I no longer went to that school.

But my mother, who I had not talked to in years, was crying more than anyone here. Now, I felt awful my years of hostility towards her.

Chad’s voice interrupted my thoughts, “Hey, don’t cry. It’s alright. Look at how many people were here. You were loved.” His arms wrapped around me.

“But my mom. She’s with Lily and the others. I feel awful for ignoring her the past years. Just look at her.” I hadn’t realized that I was crying until Chad had something, but now I was aware of the tears cascading down my face.

“But at least you know that she loved you all the same. She would not be here if she didn’t.”

“How is she here anyways?” I asked confused, just as another thought hit me, “How are you here? Well, I mean, you kind of acted as a traitor…” I have him a confused look.

“I never told you the whole story. I told the dean about everything. He knew.” Chad explained.

“Wait, so you were a double agent?”

“Pretty much. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t have been in that room with you. Which was hard enough as it was.” He gave me a sorry smile.

“I’ve told you already, I forgive you.” I said for the billionth time, trying to knock some sense into him. It took me days when we first arrived in ‘Heaven’ to convince him to talk to me. He didn’t even think he belonged.

Technically the place wasn’t called Heaven though. It was known as Elsewhere. It was a little world where all the dead people went to. As the years go on, you start to get younger. Once you are a little baby, you are sent down a river, and you are reborn.

It was pretty interesting to find out that all the people that made predictions about the afterlife were wrong.

But anyways, back to the story.

The rest of the funeral continued. The Dean gave a speech saying how honorable and brave both Chad and myself were.

All in all, it was a pretty awesome funeral. There had to be a hundred people attending. I never in a million years expected that many people to attend my funeral. But, then again, not all of them were there for me.

All too soon though, it was over. The gazebo took us back, and we left everyone else behind.

***A FEW DAYS LATER***

Later in bed that night, I thought about everything that I had gone through. But I could not bring myself to regret anything. I wasn’t mad at all to be here. Of course I missed my friends and family, and the messages didn’t make it any easier.

Wait, I didn’t tell you about the messages did I?

It’s pretty neat. So, when people go to visit your grave, up in Elsewhere, you receive a message. It allows you to hear what people have to say. When you talk to a grave, you don’t expect anyone to actually be listening, but they are. I wish we could communicate back though.

I sighed.  I really couldn’t think of a better way to end things besides for my friends. So I was happy here, with Chad.

**************************************

ALRIGHT!

I hope this makes up for that super sad ending I gave you guys to the last chapter D:

So, yea, comment and vote :D

Obviously there will NOT be a sequel cause, well everyone is dead xD (well the main characters atleast)

I just wanted to thank everyone that has read and voted and commented. Especially if you’ve been here from the first few chapters. You guys are amazing, and I hope you don’t leave me just because this story is over. I do have another one that I am currently working on, and eventually, I do want to start another one.

so thanks again guys :D