Chapter Forty-Three: Date With The Devil.

Start from the beginning

Okay, that hit him and I know that because his amusement faded and he became impassive and stoic.

"I'm not playing games," Zac tried to make me believe but I wasn't buying any of it, "how about we sit down before the food gets cold?"

His suggestion fuelled me to hit at him again.

"Cold like your heart?" I spitefully queried and Zac exhaled while grabbing my hand and leading me towards my seat which he kindly pulled out. "Okay okay, I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself and that's only because I feel sorry for you."

Zac sat down ignoring my pettiness and curiously analysed me, "you didn't say anything about what I did with the garden... don't you like it?"

I looked around whilst flattening some tissue paper on my lap, "no- I do!" I responded a little too fast and had to clear my throat to cover up the embarrassment... "I mean it's really nice, I appreciate the effort you put into this uhm- thing and about the notes, I may have been a little harsh... they were actually really heart-warming."

"So you forgive me?" Zac questioned, a smirk of accomplishment appearing on his face as he arched his eyebrow.

Is he crazy? It will take more than just rose petals and love letters for me to forgive him.

"Not necessarily, it will take time getting used to the fact you killed me. I might get over it and I might not, we'll see."

Zac wasn't satisfied with my reply from the way his eyes glimmered red and hand slammed down on the table, "what will it take for you to forgive me?!!!" He uncontrollably growled.

The table shook and the vase, glasses and plates were on the verge of shattering.

He needs to know that I'm not going to feed him what he wants to hear. I pursed my lips and didn't let Zac's fury and violence tamper with my self-esteem, "some answers," I stated confidently.

Zac's grip on the table loosened at my statement, "And what if you grow to hate me after you hear my answers..."

I already hate him so it won't make much of a difference, will it now.

"Since when does the prince of darkness ever doubt himself," I dramatically gasped, "the prince I know would never let his guard down. What changed?"

I held my fork and knife in hand beginning to dig into the roast on my plate, whilst awaiting his answer.

He picked his utensils up also, mirroring my actions.

Zac's hungry black eyes flickered up to mine, the same exact moment mine flickered back down to my food.

Great, now it looks like I'm nervous. I don't even want to look back to see that stupid signature grin of his occupying his face.

"You came back into the picture," Zac confessed and I hesitantly glanced up to see his intense eyes glowering at me, "I want you to agree that we are perfect for each other. You might not want to believe it but you bring out my darkness and I bring out yours."

The violin melody soundtracking our conversation made this entire scenario similar to a romantic play.

I swallowed hard, he was right but I wouldn't satisfy him, "Zac, we aren't anything relatively close to perfect when we are together and besides, you have always been a homicidal monster since day one."

He tilted his head to the side, carefreely popping a crispy potato into his mouth. I couldn't help but watch his lips move with each and every chew and bite of it.

Even when eating his good looks and attractiveness did not falter, he still resembled a Greek God.

"If you were mine..." he leant over the table, pulling my uncooperative face towards his with a single finger at my chin. He had me falling into a daze, his compelling eyes keeping my face still as his lips slowly came into tact with mine, forcing my lips to move in sync with his, "I wouldn't let anyone else look at you, touch you, have you..." he paused before his lips dominantly took over mine once again.