Chapter 10: The Date & The Douche.

Start from the beginning

'Well, I have a pass. That Hokage gave it to me.' He says, taking it out.

'What?! After what your village did?!' I say, shocked.

'I have a good reason. I asked him for the pass this morning.' He says, smirking.

'What would that be?' I say, eyeing him.

'Nothing you need to worry yourself about.' He says, walking away. What?

Atsuaki's POV (( The time has come!))

'Let's go.' He says, pulling me out the window. My smile could not have gotten any bigger. He made me so..happy I guess you could say. We walked along the border of Kanoha for a while, swinging our hands back and forth. Finally Gaara says ' Come on, Karasu.' He pulls me into the woods just outside of Kanoha. I had no idea where he was going, but he was still holding my hand. So I was content.

'Well, it's good to know you like holding my hand.' He says, stopping. A blush creeps up my neck, and I turn away. Damn, why don't I have a comeback or something?!

'Hey, don't worry about it. I like holding your hand too.' He says, his lip twitching slightly.

'Gaara? Call me Atsu. And smile once in a while.' I say, laughing. His lip twitches again.

'Why do you insist on me calling you Atsu? In fact, I like I think you deserve a name that fits to your cuteness...what is your middle name?..' He asks, forming a half-smile.

'I don't know..Inuyasha never told me..' I say, smiling.

'Well, let's call you Aki?' He says,

'Atsu, Aki, and Atsuaki' I say, then my smile faulters. Atsuaki have two other personalities. And is a Princess of the Land of Ribbons, which probably doesn't exist, is called Atsu by people closest to her, and is now Aki to Gaara. Jeez, any more?

'Now that I've got my own personal nickname for you, nobody else can call you it. Got it?' He says, with that half-smile.

'Got it.' I say, as he pulls me deeper into the woods. Where are we going?

A gasp escapes my lips as I scan the scene in front of me. A picnic was laid out, with candles, the little wooden basket, roses. I raise my eyebrows, a huge grin spreading across my face.

'Wow..wow..' I say, as he takes my hand,sitting down on the blanket. There was a basket of fruits, that were carved to look like flowers. He pulled out a pineapple flower with a strawberry center, and handed it to me. Giggling like a little girl, I took it. He smiled.

...He smiled..I made Gaara smile..

'This is amazing.' I say, pulling the strawberry off and taking a bite.

'Your amazing. But you already know that.' He says, picking out a cantaloupe sunflower. I blushed like crazy. How was I supposed to compliment him back? Tell he looks cute? Puh-lease. Why is this so hard!

'Gaara, thanks for taking me out tonight.' I say, smiling.

'Your welcome, but really it was more of a pleasure to me.' He says, slipping his hand back into mine. Then I remembered the note, as it started burning a hole in my pocket. I wonder what it sa-

No, I am with Gaara. Focus on right now. With the amazing straight forward guy in front of you.

'Gaara?  Why did you take me out tonight?' I say, curious.

'I...I don't know..Honestly, I like you..I just don't know how. I've never had feelings for someone before..' He says, placing his other hand on his chest.