Chapter 8- The Truth and Disguises

“Daisy! It’s good to see you” Niall's familiar Irish accent said as I walked into Harry’s apartment the following morning. Niall looked like he’d just woken up because his blonde hair was flat, with the odd piece sticking in every direction, he had a cup of tea in one hand and a sandwich in the other- and somehow he still managed to pull me into a bear hug.

“Great to see you too Niall. Do you know where Harry is?” I asked looking around the apartment, you would have thought Niall lived here instead of Harry and Louis as they were nowhere in sight.

“Uh, yeah. They left half an hour ago… they… they had to sort something out…” Niall managed to spit out, I knew he was hiding something because he wouldn’t look directly at me and he kept nibbling on his sandwich.

“Niall Horan, you tell me right now what you’re hiding” I said sternly at him, feeling slightly like my mum.

“I don’t want to tell you” Niall said as he took a sip of his tea- I noticed his stuck his little finger out as he drank and made a mental note to tease him about it later.

“Please Niall!” I said giving him my best puppy dog face. He rolled his eyes and I knew he had given in to charm. Somehow that face always worked.

“Fine…But please don’t get annoyed or upset when I tell you, oh and you didn’t hear it from me” I was intrigued now but slightly worried about what I knew he was hiding from me.

“So, uh, when we woke up this morning there was this rumour flying around…” Niall said breaking eye contact with me again, my thought automatically ran through everything it could be,

“Okay…” I said waiting for him to continue.

“Well, it said you were a teen mother, but you gave the baby up for adoption and the dad of the baby was some runaway kid” Niall said as fast as he possibly could so I could only just make out what he was saying.

Katie. Was the first person that came into my mind, I hated her with a passion.

“Niall-“ I started, getting cut off by the door opening and the other four boys walking in. They all looked at me with a weird expression on their face, before Harry walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Guys. I think I should explain” I said to them all. Harry gave Niall a look as to say ‘why did you tell her’ but I dragged them over to the couch where we all sat down.

“So I guess you all know about the rumour that I’m a teen mother and the father being a runaway” I said taking it in turns to look at their expressions.

“No I-“ Harry started but I could hit off- I needed to get it off my chest once and for all.

“See the thing is, it’s not true, but people at my old school think it is. About a year ago my best friend at the time Katie, met a boy and they fell in love, but he was a runaway, he left home to get away from abusive father and Katie was there through it all. They had a baby, but being the good friend that I was back then, I told everyone it was me because she had to maintain her reputation for her parent s successful business. Long story short Katie used me and we’re no longer friends. But I mainly did it to hide my own secret” I bit my nail, looking at my hands. I didn’t want to look up and see their expressions.

“See, six months ago I went to the doctors for a routine check-up because I seemed to always be getting headaches – one thing led to another- and it turned out I… I had a brain tumour. It was minor but I had to have surgery to have it removed, I didn’t want anyone to find out, so I pretended I had a baby instead” I looked up from my hands to look at the boys, who all had their mouths slightly open in shock, Harry’s arm moved around me protectively.