Chapter 20: "Annabelle's Past."

Leah's POV:

"Why'd you do it?" Annabelle's asked me as she walked back in the room and sitting at the end of the bed I was laying in, staring at the roof.

"I felt so alone, Chase ditched me, people were harassing me about it. I just felt like I didn't belong here anymore, and like no one cared." I sit up leaning on the 50 pillows Chase laid me on, looking at Annabelle.

"You have me." I knew that but I just needed Chase.

"I know that now." I look at my fingers.

"Yeah but it could of been to late Leah." I know.

"Listen. I haven't told anyone about what I've gone through, but I trust you." She says. I look up at her.

"Okay." I'm scared.

She let out a breath of air closing her eyes and hold back her tears.

"My mum was a very abusive mother right from when I was born. Dad left her when I was 4 because he hated the way she treated me. She would leave me cry on the cold tiles with nothing back a think blanket while she sat on her ass on the computer of watching tv. She would never change my nappy. I slept in the bottom of her draw with a blanket and that was it. Sometimes if I cried she would shut the draw leaving me in a dark, hollow, draw. She never bought me good enough clothes, she would just waste that money of drugs. I lived cleaning up after her from the age of 4 till I was 9 and I ran away. Just left, and never went back.

I lived on a park bench and slept behind a dumpster in nothing but a cardboard box. A year later, two men walked past and were staring at me oddly. I was sitting on the park bench in nothing but an old tshirt with rips in it and underwear. They came from behind me and grabbed me and threw me in the back their van. They drove for about half an hour when they brought me to their house. I felt like a was back at my mums house. The house stunk like drugs, and they treated me like a maid. If I were to say something besides yes sir, the would grab their belt and whip the back of my thighs, or throw me against the wall and punch me. I was cutting like crazy because I don't know why I got chose to live like this. They would rape me, and I was only 10 years old. They would rape me and then bash me. One day I was alone there cleaning the windows when I saw a window unlocked. So I jumped out and ran again, they were in their car and saw me running and followed me down the road, to the pontoon at TinCanBay where they lived. I quickly jumped in there small boat and pushed it off the edge of the pontoon, trying to start it as I drifted out to the sea. I finally started when they were running down the pontoon and I drove off, to here. Rainbow beach. I set their boat to drift so they would find me. My family found me cold, beaten up, not clothed, and took me in. I felt like nothing and I felt like I was going to die. But it got better, and now look. This is the happiest I've been in my whole life."

She teared up.

I was in shock after every single word she said. Now I feel awful.

"Annabelle? I'm so sorry." I start to cry. "I didn't know you went through all that and I'm sorry." I jumped out of the blankets and walk over to her pulling her in for a hug.

"It's okay." She weakly, quietly says.

I pull away from the hug, her eyes puffy and red, and her skin pale like mine. She weakly smiles at me, and says,

"But if it weren't for this I wouldn't be able to help people."

"The ones that have suffered, are the wisest." She smiles.

________________________

Wow :'( sad chapter.

Please vote, comment and follow :)

Tweet me: @tempanyloves1D

I love hearing from u guys xxx

Next chapter is coming soon.

"Kiss and don't tell."

Excited? I am. :)

-TempyBear