Chapter 14: Hope

We get to the hospital and they say the surgery will have to be at night and I will recover in a couple days.

I'm so scared.

I don't like surgery.

"Honey, I'm going to run to the gym and open up then tell John to close." I nod and he's off.

I'm scared.

Harry's POV

I'm at the gym training when I see Sadie's dad run in.

"Where's John?" He's out of breath.

"Um..near the treadmills I think. What's wrong?" I respond.

"I need to give him the key, I need to get back to the hospital." He responds walking away.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, Sadie's appendix exploded and it's a quick surgery."

"What!" I shout.

"John, please lock up." John nods.

"What about Sadie!" I shout.

"Her appendix exploded don't worry she'll be fine."

"Can I come with you, back to the hospital." I look down.

"Please." I beg

"Fine, but don't bother her and if she wants you to leave you leave okay? Just change, hurry!!" I run and change. We get in the car. I hope she will be happy to see me. I text Derek to cancel. He was mad but whatever.

We get to the hospital and Mr. Fernget (her dad) says he will park the car and get some food from the food court to leave me time to talk to her. He reminded me not to bother her.

He tells me what room and I go.

When I get to her door I open in silently and her sobs.

I walk in.

"Hi." I say but it comes out in a whisper.

"What are you doing here?" She wipes her eyes.

"I came to see you." I explain.

" why?"

"Because I care about you." I do.

"Harry-"

"Please, after you get out of here let me explain. Everything. I'll answer all of your question."

Sadie's POV

"Fine." I sigh.

"Thank you." I'm surprised that the next move he makes is to hug me. I start to cry in his shoulder.

"Why are you crying?" He mumbles in my shoulder.

"I'm scared." I whisper.

"What?" We are still in a hug but he leans back to see my face.

"I don't want to go in surgery." I cry even harder. But now into his chest.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." He assures. He rubs my back.

"Will you stay?"

"Who said I was ever leaving?"

"Lay down next to me." He sits down on the bed and wraps his arm around me.

"Thanks for being here." I whisper.

My dad walks in.

"So you surgery is in 2 hours and after that you stay 24 hours then you can leave." He explains. I nod.

"Sir, could you sign something really quick." Dad nods and walks away with the doctor.

"Harry,"

"Yeah."

"I want you to know I'm still mad at you. You still need to explain. I just need comfort." I can't believe I'm saying this.

"As long as I'm allowed to be with you and make sure you're okay."

"Did you really kill someone."

"It's complicated, I can't say here. But I promise I will. I would never hurt you though, if that's what you worried about." I nod.

---------------

The time came and I went Into surgery.