Chapter 37 ~Everything~

Start from the beginning

Harry's POV

I rested my head on the steering wheel and took a deep breath. What was I doing here? I wasn't going to kill them. I'm different now. I've been different ever since the first moment that I saw Charlotte. But maybe she would want this. It was hard to tell. I knew that she wanted vengeance for her mother. But what was killing them going to really do. That's not exactly something that you can call and ask a girl either. I'm not sure that she'd answer anymore. She used to call several times every day, but I didn't answer. I was hurt. I still am. After all, she told me that she never wanted to see me again. I didn't want to disrespect her wishes no matter how badly it hurt me. I believed that she really meant it. Even if she sometimes forgot what she wanted, I'd do whatever I could to help her. They're standing so close. There's an assault rifle in my back seat. It would be so easy. They killed Charlotte's mom. I know that it was them that killed Charlotte's mom. I had grown to love Charlotte's mother. She had nearly become like a second mom to me. I want to kill them. But I don't want to go to jail. This felt like the deciding moment. Would I get out of my car and put bullets through all of their brains? Or would I put the car in gear again and drive away? They were just sitting there; they were so vulnerable. I took another deep breath and grabbed the assault rifle. The cool metal felt amazing in my hands. i hadn't used this gun in so long. These scumbags deserved what was coming to them and I don't care if I go to jail or not. I got out of the car right as my phone started ringing. It was Charlotte...

"Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing?" one of the guys called out. "Is that Harry Styles?" one of them asked the other. This is why it was all worth making a name for myself. I made people fear me. It was all worth it for moments like this- moments when I have the upper hand.

"What am i doing? You listen to me." I growled, my voice barely audible. "You killed an innocent woman who had done absolutely nothing to you or anyone you know."

"What's wrong with that, mate? You were smashing her?" One of them asked. My blood was absolutely boiling.

"No, her daughter." I snapped back. It made me sick to talk about Charlotte that way, but I couldn't show weakness to them. I had to stay on top of the game.

"Bro, chill, chill." the first one said once he noticed the assault rifle. My phone buzzed a couple times in my pocket, meaning that Charlotte had left a voice mail. Again.

"Don't. Don't tell me to chill, mate. If I'd met you a month earlier, you'd all be dead at this point. I would've put bullets in all of your brains because you all deserve it. But. You're lucky." I snarled with a sinister grin. The best thing to do was make them believe that I'm not entirely mentally stable.

"You know, I don't really appreciate the attitude." the leader of the lot tilted his head, cracking his neck. He pulled a pistol off of his belt and my breath caught in my throat. After dealing with this type of people for so long, I'm used to this sort of thing, but I had almost expected to walk away from this confrontation unscathed.

"Calm down. All I'm saying is never do it again." my voice dropped for the drama of it all and he started to lower his gun again. "I have guys all over right now. Just be careful who you go around killing. That way, none of you will get hurt." I walked slowly, backwards to my car. The second I got in, I put it in drive and tore out of the lot as fast as possible before any of them could hit my tires. I kept driving, blowing off a couple of red lights. I didn't know where I was going now. My mind was blank and I felt entirely numb. Did I just waste an opportunity? I could have avenged Charlotte's dead mother. I could almost picture her watching over me. I'd like to think that she'd be happy that I didn't kill them. She wouldn't want me in jail. She'd want me with Charlotte. But even Charlotte didn't want me to be with her right now. I shook my head and unlocked my phone. I opened the voicemail from Charlotte and listened. This was the first one I'd listened to- for the sake of my own mental health.